dongxuan1314 2011-10-13 08:23
浏览 130
已采纳

如何在SQL中为多个表实现全局递增ID?

I decided back when I was coding to have different tables for each type of content. Now I am stuck solving this. Basically my notification system ranks the newest content by its timestamp currently. This is inaccurate however because there is a small chance that someone would submit content at the same time as another person, and incorrect ranking would occur.

Now if I had all my content in a single table, I would simply rank it by an auto-incrementing variable. Is there a way to implement this auto-increment integer across multiple tables (e.g. When something is inserted into table1, id=0, something is inserted into table2, id=1). Or do I have to recode all my stuff into a single table.

NOTE:

The reason I have content in multiple tables is because its organized and it would reduce load stress. I don't really care about the organization anymore, because I can just access the data through a GUI I coded, I'm just wondering about the load stress.

EDIT:

I'm using PHP 5 with MySQL.

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• drsqpko5286 2011-10-13 08:34
    关注

You can create a table with auto increment id just to keep track of ids. Your program would do an insert on that table, get the id, use it as necessary.

Something along the lines of:

function getNextId() {
        $res = mysql_query("INSERT INTO seq_table(id) VALUES (NULL)");
        $id = mysql_insert_id();
        if ($id % 10 == 0) {
            mysql_query("DELETE FROM seq_table");
        }
        return $id;
    }

Where seq_table is a table that you've to create just to get the ids. Make it a function so it can be used whenever you need. Every 10 ids generated I delete all generated ids, anyway you don't need them there. I don't delete every time since it would slow down. If another insert happen in the meantime and I delete 11 or more records, it doesn't affect the behaviour of this procedure. It's safe for the purpose it has to reach.

Even if the table is empty new ids will just keep on growing since you've declared id as auto-increment.

UPDATE: I want to clarify why the ID generation is not wrapped in a transaction and why it shouldn't.

If you generate an auto id and you rollback the transaction, the next auto id, will be incremented anyway. Excerpt from a MySQL bug report:

[...] this is not a bug but expected behavior that happens in every RDBMS we know. Generated values are not a part of transaction and they don't care about other statements.

Getting the ID with this procedure is perfectly thread safe. Your logic after the ID is obtained should be wrapped in a transaction, especially if you deal with multiple tables.

Getting a sequence in this way isn't a new concept, for instance, the code of metabase_mysql.php which is a stable DB access library has a method called GetSequenceNextValue() which is quite similar.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(3条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 公交车和无人机协同运输
  • ¥15 stm32代码移植没反应
  • ¥15 matlab基于pde算法图像修复,为什么只能对示例图像有效
  • ¥100 连续两帧图像高速减法
  • ¥15 组策略中的计算机配置策略无法下发
  • ¥15 如何绘制动力学系统的相图
  • ¥15 对接wps接口实现获取元数据
  • ¥20 给自己本科IT专业毕业的妹m找个实习工作
  • ¥15 用友U8:向一个无法连接的网络尝试了一个套接字操作,如何解决?
  • ¥30 我的代码按理说完成了模型的搭建、训练、验证测试等工作(标签-网络|关键词-变化检测)