duancuisan2503 2010-11-04 07:39
浏览 30
已采纳

我需要/我什么时候需要验证码?

I have a classifieds website, where users must fill in a form to post a classified (offcourse).

I wonder, do you think I need some form of captcha on the form?

Also, I am working on a "register" page where users may get their own username/pass and login to post classifieds more easily.

Also, I have a mail-server setup...

So now, users may click on a classified and at the bottom fill in just three fields in a form (name, email, message) and send an email to the poster of the classified. No captcha there. Is this safe?

My firewall is setup so that it is preventing any outside access to the mail-server except from the websites IP.

Can I set up the firewall to some settings so that I don't need captcha?

I have my own Virtual Private Server btw, and it is running Ubuntu.

A follow-up Q is, if a spam-bot or whatever, gets the hold of my forms and fills alot of them out, or use my mail-server to send emails, what would happen then?

Would my site and mail-server get blacklisted? Is this reverssible or do I have to create a new mail-server then?

Thanks

• 写回答

6条回答 默认 最新

• duanqianwei2485 2010-11-04 07:45
    关注

I go by the design principle of "least barrier to entry". You want people to use your site, so you want to make it as easy as possible for them. Anything at all -- including a captcha -- might turn them away. So my standard line would be to definitely not include a captcha anywhere until you've actually seen a problem with spam. And even then, see if the problem can be solved without a captcha first.

Regarding your question of "well what if a spam bot starts spamming". Simple solution to this is to pre-implement a rate limit. Make it so that someone at a given IP address cannot initiate the sending of an email more frequently than say once every minute. This will not actually cause a problem for real people, but will stop a spam bot in its tracks. You can even try to detect situations where you see a high rate and temporarily block that IP address for 24 hours. That will prevent even the once-a-minute spam.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(5条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于大棚监测的pcb板设计
  • ¥20 sim800c模块 at指令及平台
  • ¥15 stm32开发clion时遇到的编译问题
  • ¥15 lna设计 源简并电感型共源放大器
  • ¥15 如何用Labview在myRIO上做LCD显示?(语言-开发语言)
  • ¥15 Vue3地图和异步函数使用
  • ¥15 C++ yoloV5改写遇到的问题