doucu5836 2018-05-10 21:48
浏览 62
已采纳

了解Go中的Kubernetes API框架的逻辑

I'm currently trying to wrap my head around learning Go, some details of the kubernetes API I haven't used before and the kubernetes api framework for Go at the same time, and would appreciate your help in understanding the grammar of that framework and why people use it anyways.

Honestly I'm not sure why to use a framework in the first place if it contains the same information as the REST endpoint. Wouldn't it make more sense to just call the API directly via a http library?

And here's one example (taken from some real code):

pod, err := kubecli.CoreV1().Pods(namespace).Get(name, metav1.GetOptions{})

What I feel bothersome is that I have to look up everything in the API docs and then I additionally need to figure out that /v1/ translates to CoreV1(). And I'm not even sure where I could look that up. Also the whole block metav1.GetOptions{} seems completely unnecessary, or which part of a HTTP request is represented by it?

I hope I could make clear what the confusion is and hope for your help in clearing it up.

Edit:

Here's also an example, generated from the new operator-framework which sadly doesn't make it much better:

return &v1.Pod{
    TypeMeta: metav1.TypeMeta{
            Kind:       "Pod",
            APIVersion: "v1",
    },
    ObjectMeta: metav1.ObjectMeta{
            Name:      "busy-box",
            Namespace: cr.Namespace,
            OwnerReferences: []metav1.OwnerReference{
                    *metav1.NewControllerRef(cr, schema.GroupVersionKind{
                            Group:   v1alpha1.SchemeGroupVersion.Group,
                            Version: v1alpha1.SchemeGroupVersion.Version,
                            Kind:    "Memcached",
                    }),
            },
            Labels: labels,
    },
    Spec: v1.PodSpec{
            Containers: []v1.Container{
                    {
                            Name:    "busybox",
                            Image:   "busybox",
                            Command: []string{"sleep", "3600"},
                    },
            },
    },
 }

The API docs don't know anything about this TypeMeta object. And the second element is called ObjectMeta: instead of metadata. I mean, I'm not a magician. How should I know this.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dongya0914 2018-05-16 14:45
    关注

I'm a bit late, but here is my 2 cents.

Why to use client-go instead of http library

There are serval pros with client-go.

1. Kubernetes resource is defined as strongly-typed class, means less misspelled debugging and easy to refactor.

2. When we manipulate some resources, It authenticates with cluster automatically (doc), what it only needs is a valid config. And we need not to know how exactly the authentication is done.

3. It has multiple versions compatible with different Kubernetes version. It make our code align with specify kubernetes version much easier, without knowing every detail of API changes.

How do I know which class and method should be called

In API Reference, each resource has the latest Group and Version tag. For example, Pod is group core, version v1, kind Pod in v1.10.

GoDoc listed all properties and links to detail explanation for every class like Pod.

So the pod list can be found by calling CoreV1(), then Pods(namespace string), then List(opts meta_v1.ListOptions).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 高德地图点聚合中Marker的位置无法实时更新
  • ¥15 DIFY API Endpoint 问题。
  • ¥20 sub地址DHCP问题
  • ¥15 delta降尺度计算的一些细节,有偿
  • ¥15 Arduino红外遥控代码有问题
  • ¥15 数值计算离散正交多项式
  • ¥30 数值计算均差系数编程