doulun1666 2013-01-14 16:42
浏览 132

与其他语言相比,Go语言垃圾回收方法是什么?

I do not know much about the Go programming language, but I have seen several claims that said Go has latency-free garbage collection, and it is much better than other garbage collectors (like JVM garbage collector). I have developed application for JVM and i know that JVM garbage collector is not latency-free (specially in large memory usage).

I was wondering, what is difference between the garbage collection approach in Go and and the others which make it latency-free?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: @All I edited this question entirely, please vote to reopen this question if you find it constructive.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douyou1960 2014-03-06 04:05
    关注

Go does not have latency-free garbage collection. If you can point out where those claims are, I'd like to try to correct them.

One advantage that we believe Go has over Java is that it gives you more control over memory layout. For example, a simple 2D graphics package might define:

type Rect struct {
        Min Point
        Max Point
    }

type Point struct {
        X int
        Y int
    }

In Go, a Rect is just four integers contiguous in memory. You can still pass &r.Max to function expecting a *Point, that's just a pointer into the middle of the Rect variable r.

In Java, the equivalent expression would be to make Rect and Point classes, in which case the Min and Max fields in Rect would be pointers to separately allocated objects. This requires more allocated objects, taking up more memory, and giving the garbage collector more to track and more to do. On the other hand, it does avoid ever needing to create a pointer to the middle of an object.

Compared to Java, then, Go gives you the programmer more control over memory layout, and you can use that control to reduce the load on the garbage collector. That can be very important in programs with large amounts of data. Control over memory layout may also be important for extracting performance from the hardware due to cache effects and such, but that's tangential to the original question.

The collector in the current Go distributions is reasonable but by no means state of the art. We have plans to spend more effort improving it over the next year or two. To be clear, Go's garbage collector is certainly not as good as modern Java garbage collectors, but we believe it is easier in Go to write programs that don't need as much garbage collection to begin with, so the net effect can still be that garbage collection is less of an issue in a Go program than in an equivalent Java program.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 iqoo11 如何下载安装工程模式
  • ¥15 本题的答案是不是有问题
  • ¥15 关于#r语言#的问题:(svydesign)为什么在一个大的数据集中抽取了一个小数据集
  • ¥15 C++使用Gunplot
  • ¥15 这个电路是如何实现路灯控制器的,原理是什么,怎么求解灯亮起后熄灭的时间如图?
  • ¥15 matlab数字图像处理频率域滤波
  • ¥15 在abaqus做了二维正交切削模型,给刀具添加了超声振动条件后输出切削力为什么比普通切削增大这么多
  • ¥15 ELGamal和paillier计算效率谁快?
  • ¥15 蓝桥杯单片机第十三届第一场,整点继电器吸合,5s后断开出现了问题
  • ¥15 file converter 转换格式失败 报错 Error marking filters as finished,如何解决?