drlh197610 2016-07-07 21:20
浏览 66

使用go-gcm发送XMPP推送通知时正确处理错误?

I'm using https://github.com/google/go-gcm to send push notifications from our Go backend to Android devices. Recently, these push notifications started failing because the call to SendXmpp() was returning with the following error:

write tcp <IP>:<port>-><IP>:<port>: write: connection timed out

Restarting the Go process that called SendXmpp() makes this error go away, and push notifications start working again. But of course, restarting the Go process isn't ideal. Is there something I can do explicitly to handle this kind of error? For instance, should I close the current XmppClient and retry sending the message, so that the retry instantiates a new XmppClient and opens a new connection?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongyi2083 2016-07-07 23:41
    关注

I would recommend using or implementing a (exponential) backoff. There are a number of options on GitHub here; https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=go+backoff though that's surely not a comprehensive list and it's not terribly difficult to implement.

The basic idea is you pass the function you'd like to call in to the back off function which calls it until it hits a max failures limit or it succeeds. Between each failure the amount of time waited is increased. If you're hammering a server, causing it to return errors, a method like this will typically solve your problems and make your application more reliable.

Additionally, I'd recommending looking for one that has an abort feature. This can be implemented fairly easily in Go by passing a channel into the backoff function (with the function you want to call). Then if your app needs to stop you can signal on the abort channel so that the back off isn't sitting there with like a 300 second wait.

Even if this doesn't resolve your specific problem it will generally have a positive effect on your apps reliability and 3rd party API's you interact with (don't want to DOS your partners).

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 YoloV5 第三方库的版本对照问题
  • ¥15 请完成下列相关问题!
  • ¥15 drone 推送镜像时候 purge: true 推送完毕后没有删除对应的镜像,手动拷贝到服务器执行结果正确在样才能让指令自动执行成功删除对应镜像,如何解决?
  • ¥15 求daily translation(DT)偏差订正方法的代码
  • ¥15 js调用html页面需要隐藏某个按钮
  • ¥15 ads仿真结果在圆图上是怎么读数的
  • ¥20 Cotex M3的调试和程序执行方式是什么样的?
  • ¥20 java项目连接sqlserver时报ssl相关错误
  • ¥15 一道python难题3
  • ¥15 牛顿斯科特系数表表示