doujia2021 2019-08-21 10:17
浏览 289

在Golang中测试数据库交互

I have an API that has a storage layer. It only does the database interactions and perform the CRUD operations. Now I want to test these functions. In my path API/storage/ , I have different packages having functions to interact with different tables in same database. Tables A, B and C are in same database.

My file hierarchy goes like:

--api
  --storage
    --A
      --A.go
      --A_test.go
    --B
    --C
  --server
    --A
  --testData
    --A.sql
    --B.sql

In this way I want to test the whole storage layer using command

go test ./...

The approach I was following is that I have a function RefreshTables which first truncates the table, then fills it with a fixed test data that I have kept in testData folder. For truncating I do :

db.Exec("SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;")
db.Exec("truncate " + table)
db.Exec("SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;")

As go test runs test functions of different packages in parallel by default, multiple sql connections get created and truncate runs on some other connection while set foreign key runs on some other connection randomly from connection pool.

I am not able to pass my tests if run together but all tests pass if run alone or package wise.

If I do :

go test ./... -p 1

which makes test functions run one by one, all the tests pass.

I have also tried using a transaction for truncate and locking table before truncate.

I checked this article (https://medium.com/kongkow-it-medan/parallel-database-integration-test-on-go-application-8706b150ee2e), and he suggests making different databases in every test function and dropping that database after function ends. I think this will be very time taking.

It would be really helpful if someone suggest the best method for testing database interactions in Golang.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanmiaosi0150 2019-08-22 18:06
    关注

I don't have much experience in integration testing, I'm not sure if mocking the data base drivers could work for you, but if so, I've been using go-sqlmock package for mocking sql database results in unit tests and works like a charm. You could use it and literally have a separated "database engine" for each of your tests. It's a bit time consuming since you have to manually tell the mock what queries to expect and what to return but trust me, it's a good time investment.

As I said before, I'm not sure if using this strategy suits your case, because if you are interested in knowing how your application behaves in a "real database scenario", like verifying that registries are actually saved, then mocking the database results is kind of useless.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥60 版本过低apk如何修改可以兼容新的安卓系统
  • ¥25 由IPR导致的DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE蓝屏
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题
  • ¥15 C#算法问题, 不知道怎么处理这个数据的转换
  • ¥15 YoloV5 第三方库的版本对照问题
  • ¥15 请完成下列相关问题!
  • ¥15 drone 推送镜像时候 purge: true 推送完毕后没有删除对应的镜像,手动拷贝到服务器执行结果正确在样才能让指令自动执行成功删除对应镜像,如何解决?