weixin_33682719 2014-01-18 20:33
浏览 56

Primefaces 3.5与4.0

What are the major differences between primefaces version 3.5.x and 4.x besides the obvious java-ee-7 compliance in the 4.x versions? Has version 4.x been rewritten internally? If so what are the differences? I am currently using primefaces 3.5.20, so many of the new or updated components are already available. Has there been any work to streamline ajax throughput?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• weixin_33749242 2014-01-19 12:38
    关注

There are many improvements:

• The main one is the integration with jsf-2.2 specification. As JSF 2.2 is servlet 3.x compatible, the file upload system has changed in order to take advantage of servlet 3.x features and make it in html 5 way. It also includes support for HTML pass through attributes, included at JSF 2.2 and able to include non-JSF attributes at the rendered page.

• Client Side Validation Framework: I still have to try that, but one of the lacks of vanilla-plain JSF is the absence of client side validation. JSF is known for being a server side framework. However, sometimes client validation is also convenient in order to bring the end user a greater experience. Primefaces 4 is supposed to include that (in fact they've been working to adapt their aproach to HTML5 standards).

• Search expressions: Something in JSF that can puzzle you is searching the component ids at client side. JSF uses its own preffixed identifiers, so sometimes it is difficult to search for what you want. JSF 2.2 provides a set of keywords: "@this", "@form", "@all", "@none", in order to simplify what you want to make a reference to. In primefaces 4 apart from that, you've got @composite which resolves the closest CompositeComponent parent, @widgetVar(name) which resolves a component by its widgetVar and @child(index) which resolves the nth child.

• Lots of bug fixes and component improvements, some of them have been done in parallel with 3.5.x series.

About ajax perfomance, I know there have been some issues in concrete cases, but apart from fixing them and adding new capabilities to their jquery-ajax utilities, I'm not aware about more improvements.

See also:

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥30 这是哪个作者做的宝宝起名网站
  • ¥60 版本过低apk如何修改可以兼容新的安卓系统
  • ¥25 由IPR导致的DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE蓝屏
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题
  • ¥15 C#算法问题, 不知道怎么处理这个数据的转换