笑故挽风 2010-07-29 17:53 采纳率: 100%
浏览 273
已采纳

我应该选择 ActivePerl 还是 Strawberry Perl 呢? [重复]

This question already has an answer here:

I'm totally new to Perl but I'd like to try it out. I read about two rival distributions available for Windows platform (I guess there's just Perl on other OSes :).

Wikipedia says that Strawberry comes with additional dev tools to compile CPAN modules if necessary. Sounds pretty good to me.

It also says that ActivePerl has a lot of prepackaged modules which are easier to install with PPM. Sounds great too!

There's a clear trade-off between those two. And I wonder what should I pick to get started? If I pick one how hard is it to migrate to the other?

Edit: I gave both distributions a run for a couple of weeks. I actually liked both which is a good thing! One can't go wrong with either of these. I ended up going with ActivePerl simply because it comes with offline documentation(in HTML) - a great life-savior for those who are on the road or just not always connected. It was super-easy for me to get started with Perl language while I was on vacation when I wasn't always online.

Strawberry is at least as great if not greater. So I can totally recommend it, too. And I have to say one should just learn Perl - it's a very beautiful language. Give it a try!

</div>

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3365518/should-i-choose-activeperl-or-strawberry-perl-for-windows

• 写回答

10条回答 默认 最新

• 叼花硬汉 2010-07-29 22:26
    关注

After having used both for years, I'd say, for me at least, Activeperl is a much more convenient choice. The ppm-Installer included in Activeperl allows you to add alternative ppm repositories which will give you access to almost all useful perl modules available on CPAN - but prepared and tested for windows. This was for me, in the long run, a much better (and more robust) choice. Even for the windows version of the Apache http server, there is a precompiled mod_perl (2.0.4) ppm available which will (did for me) work out of the box with Activeperl 5.12.1 and Apache 2.2.15.

I think I dropped Strawberry after trying to install DBI + DBD::mysql on Windows 7 (which is a no brainer in Activeperl, just click on the ppms and choose install).

But maybe that's solved by now. And maybe one can choose the directory where Strawberry gets installed (I couldn't).

BTW: for compiling your own Inline or XS stuff, just install the MinGW compiler by ppm (I didn't do that but it looks interesting).

Regards

rbo

Addendum: after reading the comment below, I checked Strawberry Perl again and it's now possible to change installation directory, which is a denoted feature of the 5.12.0 release (which is the actual version). This would solve one important (imho) disadvantage of Strawberry Perl (compared to Activeperl).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(9条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 #MATLAB仿真#车辆换道路径规划
  • ¥15 java 操作 elasticsearch 8.1 实现 索引的重建
  • ¥15 数据可视化Python
  • ¥15 要给毕业设计添加扫码登录的功能!!有偿
  • ¥15 kafka 分区副本增加会导致消息丢失或者不可用吗?
  • ¥15 微信公众号自制会员卡没有收款渠道啊
  • ¥100 Jenkins自动化部署—悬赏100元