from.. 2012-01-13 06:08 采纳率: 100%
浏览 542
已采纳

在 lisp / 方案中,符号到底是什么?

For the love of the almighty I have yet to understand the purpose of the symbol 'iamasymbol. I understand numbers, booleans, strings... variables. But symbols are just too much for my little imperative-thinking mind to take. What exactly do I use them for? How are they supposed to be used in a program? My grasp of this concept is just fail.

转载于:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8846628/what-exactly-is-a-symbol-in-lisp-scheme

• 写回答

5条回答 默认 最新

• bug^君 2012-01-13 08:29
    关注

In Scheme and Racket, a symbol is like an immutable string that happens to be interned so that symbols can be compared with eq? (fast, essentially pointer comparison). Symbols and strings are separate data types.

One use for symbols is lightweight enumerations. For example, one might say a direction is either 'north, 'south, 'east, or 'west. You could of course use strings for the same purpose, but it would be slightly less efficient. Using numbers would be a bad idea; represent information in as obvious and transparent a manner as possible.

For another example, SXML is a representation of XML using lists, symbols, and strings. In particular, strings represent character data and symbols represent element names. Thus the XML <em>hello world</em> would be represented by the value (list 'em "hello world"), which can be more compactly written '(em "hello world").

Another use for symbols is as keys. For example, you could implement a method table as a dictionary mapping symbols to implementation functions. To call a method, you look up the symbol that corresponds to the method name. Lisp/Scheme/Racket makes that really easy, because the language already has a built-in correspondence between identifiers (part of the language's syntax) and symbols (values in the language). That correspondence makes it easy to support macros, which implement user-defined syntactic extensions to the language. For example, one could implement a class system as a macro library, using the implicit correspondence between "method names" (a syntactic notion defined by the class system) and symbols:

(send obj meth arg1 arg2)
    =>
    (apply (lookup-method obj 'meth) obj (list arg1 arg2))

(In other Lisps, what I've said is mostly truish, but there are additional things to know about, like packages and function vs variable slots, IIRC.)

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(4条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 求chat4.0解答一道线性规划题,用lingo编程运行,第一问要求写出数学模型和lingo语言编程模型,第二问第三问解答就行,我的ddl要到了谁来求了
  • ¥15 Ubuntu在安装序列比对软件STAR时出现报错如何解决
  • ¥50 树莓派安卓APK系统签名
  • ¥15 maple软件,用solve求反函数出现rootof,怎么办?
  • ¥65 汇编语言除法溢出问题
  • ¥15 Visual Studio问题
  • ¥20 求一个html代码,有偿
  • ¥100 关于使用MATLAB中copularnd函数的问题
  • ¥20 在虚拟机的pycharm上
  • ¥15 jupyterthemes 设置完毕后没有效果