duanmao1872 2013-09-11 14:39
浏览 509

PHP MYSQL ETL。 我应该使用ETL工具,存储过程还是php脚本?

We're restructuring our entire database. Said that, the database structure has changed drastically. Some table fields will be translated to table rows; there will be a lot of validations; some tables are broken up into multiple tables and other are combined. Basically we're changing the legacy database to 3NF.

New schema is ready and I am tasked to do ETL. How should I proceed? I am unfamiliar with any ETL tools so there is a learning curve there. I was thinking to write stored procedures, are they capable of dealing with all these complex stuff I am trying to achieve? I can write PHP scripts so I have better control over data validations but not sure if that is a way to go because of timeout and long scripts. The database size is about 6 GB and it has about 450 tables.

Suggestions please.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• doudaotui4297 2013-09-11 14:56
    关注

I would recommend creating a PHP migration script, which is run from the command line. PHP scripts that are run from the command line do not time out.

You could also add "set_time_limit(0)" at the top of your script:

<?php
    set_time_limit(0);
    //rest of the code goes here

I'm not sure stored procedures or commercial ETL tools are necessary. Just make sure to break the migration script code into appropriate functions / methods, and you should be fine.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 c程序不知道为什么得不到结果
  • ¥40 复杂的限制性的商函数处理
  • ¥15 程序不包含适用于入口点的静态Main方法
  • ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题