drbxr86044 2011-06-14 11:51
浏览 165

CRYPT_SHA512的迭代次数与bcrypt一样强(及相关问题)

I'm writing a first attempt at a user login system and would like to get it right. I feel I'm in duplicate territory here but for all my reading haven't been able to find a solid answer to a few questions. If I've missed something however, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I will be using 128bit per user salts on all passwords, and enforcing "strong" (subjective I know!) passwords but can't work out what is the best way to hash them so,

1. Would using CRYPT_SHA512 with iterations ever be as strong as using CRYPT_BLOWFISH?

2. Is there a What is the difference between CRYPT_SHA512 with iterations, and repeating hash_hmac using sha512 a (large) number of times. Is one better than the other and which is recommended for hashing passwords? I ask because I'm using Kohana and the default auth implementation uses hash_hmac. I don't think it will be too hard to add iterations to that (and I'm going to have to modify it to add per user salts anyway), which leads me on to ..

3. Is there a module to do this already available for Kohana (3.1)? Before I go about writing my own, if there's something out there that is suitable I'd be happy to use that. So, something that performs hash stretching (be it bcrypt or sha512) and allows per user salts. And finally,

... as pointed out in comments, question 4 is really a separate question entirely so I'm getting rid of it. Feel free to ignore it. The only reason I won't edit it out completely is that it is already referenced in an answer.

4. My system will allow users with different privileges. Some will be administrators with full rights, some developers with slightly lesser rights, all the way down to anonymous users with rights to only leave comments for example. I haven't been able to find any information about this really. What is the "correct" way to store a user account type in the database. A naive first thought is that a simple integer in the user table would suffice, but I can't help thinking this is a terribly bad idea. If someone gets hold of the database it wouldn't be hard to work out which int represents an administrator, then they only need to brute force one password to gain full access rights. Would it suffice to simply hash the account type integer and store that, or should I be looking at another method?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongluyi5123 2011-06-14 12:42
    关注

The answer to questions 1-3 is really one answer, composed of several parts.

Firstly, you should be using a strong hash with per-user salts. In particular I would suggest PBKDF2 which is a useful system for this. That includes iteration.

Your reference to bcrypt is a bit different. Passwords should always be one-way hashed. You can use a function like PBKDF2 or a hmac to do this. You shouldn't use a reversible algorithm. However it is best if you can store the salt away from the hash itself. One suggestion for doing this is to bcrypt the salt with a key that is accessed from the file system, not the database. Preferably in a file with 600 permissions owned by someone other than the webserver user and loaded by setuid or the like. This way even if the database is compromised there still isn't enough information to derive the password.

Part 4 is about data structures to store ACLs. There are lots of options for that so have a look around for something which suits you. You might not need a full-blown ACL, instead just having user roles/groups or particular permission flags. This will depend on your application.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 如何在scanpy上做差异基因和通路富集?
  • ¥20 关于#硬件工程#的问题,请各位专家解答!
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:期望的系统闭环传递函数为G(s)=wn^2/s^2+2¢wn+wn^2阻尼系数¢=0.707,使系统具有较小的超调量
  • ¥15 FLUENT如何实现在堆积颗粒的上表面加载高斯热源
  • ¥30 截图中的mathematics程序转换成matlab
  • ¥15 动力学代码报错,维度不匹配
  • ¥15 Power query添加列问题
  • ¥50 Kubernetes&Fission&Eleasticsearch
  • ¥15 報錯:Person is not mapped,如何解決?
  • ¥15 c++头文件不能识别CDialog