dousi0144 2017-08-09 16:38
浏览 232

如何通过尽可能地减少数学公式来简化数学公式

I will strive to be objective in the question.

I have a database with millions of mathematical formulas created by an application, these are formulas that respect a logic:

1) Only 5 mathematical operations involved: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and power (+ - * / ^)

2) Each operation is delimited/grouped by parentheses.

The "parameters" can be simple, such as a constant or a variable.

Example: (x + 15)

In the compound case, I may have:

(x * (x + 15))

It is important to remember that the correct order of operations was guaranteed with the use of parentheses.

Example:

((x * (x + 15)) / 15)

My challenge is to reduce these formulas.

They are not useful or repeat themselves a lot when the operations are the same and no matter the order of the factors.

Example:

((((x + 4) + 8) - x) / 12)

That equals 1, it's not a formula, it's a constant, and I have to ignore it.

And duplicities like ((x + 4) + 8) and ((8 + x) + 4) need to be eliminated.

That's why I need to reduce.

Just to be aware, all formulas are standardized with the parentheses and spaces between operations.

I created a routine in PHP using regular expressions to make substitutions, I managed to make huge progress reducing in a specific formula from 8 thousand possibilities to less than three hundred.

However, as the size (not complexity because they are not complex) of the formulas increases, my routine can no longer be efficient.

I need an algorithm, not a routine, to apply the mathematical reduction we learned in school.

I think it is possible since the formulas are standardized and limited to 5 basic mathematical operations.

I am using the EvalMath class obtained in GitHub to aid in the reduction and execution of the formulas.

To give you a better idea, the formulas are abstract and each "@" is replaced in real time by constants and variables.

(@ + @)
(@ / @)
(@ ** @)
((@ + @) + @)
((@ + @) ** @)
((@ - @) + @)
((@ - @) / @)
((@ - @) ** @)
((@ * @) + @)
((@ * @) / @)
((@ * @) ** @)
((@ / @) / @)

Here is a snippet of PHP code that is part of my reduction routine.

Within a WHILE (TRUE) I've grouped rules that repeat themselves until no substitutions are made.

In the end I have an array with numerous duplicities obtained with some reduction and reordering of the elements of the formula, something that an array_unique () solves.

I really need help, my brain is exploding with this problem.

Thank you.

<?php
    $Math_Formulas = array(
        '(((x + 7) ** 9) - 9)',
        '(((x ^ 3) - 9) - 5)',
        '(((2 + x) + x) * x)',
        '(((x + 3) / 6) / 8)',
        '(((x - 5) + 6) ** 2)',
        '(1024 ^ (x / 5))',
        '((3 - (x + 6)) + 3)',
        '(((x ^ 3) + 9) * 6)',
    );

while (TRUE)
    {
        $changed = FALSE;

// Rule 1: (x - x) = 0
        for ($i = 0; $i < count($Math_Formulas); $i++)
        {
            $Formula = trim(preg_replace_callback('/([^-]?)([a-z]+?) [-] ([a-z]+?)/', function($matches) {
                $Expression = $matches[0];
                if ($matches[2] == $matches[3])
                {
                    $Expression = $matches[1] . '0';
                }
                return($Expression);
            }, $Math_Formulas[$i]));
            if ($Formula != $Math_Formulas[$i])
            {
                $changed = TRUE;
                $Math_Formulas[$i] = $Formula;
            }
        }

// Rule 2: ...

if (!$changed)
        {
            break;
        }
    }

$Math_Formulas = array_values(array_unique($Math_Formulas));
?>

UPDATE 1:

I think if the "reverse polish notation" had been used in the creation of the formulas everything would be much easier, but with the formulas that I have, I need to rearrange the parameters (in ascending or descending alphabetical order) to be able to compare them.

In RPN:

(x + 4) + 5) becomes "x 4 5 +"

(X + 5) + 4) becomes "x 5 4 +"

How to compare both? And what about larger functions?

I think I made a mistake by not detailing the technique used in the 14 "regular expressions" that I am applying to simplify, as much as possible, these formulas. There is more than regular expression in the process:

Original Formula: (((4 - 5) + x) + 8)

Step 1: Addition (or subtraction or multiplication) of the two-to-two constants and reduction of the expression, without the parentheses.

Formula: ((-1 + x) + 8)

Step 2: Delete the parentheses for ((n +- n) +- n) or (n +- (n +- n)).

Formula: (-1 + x + 8)

Step 3: Reorder the parameters in descending alphabetical order.

Formula: (x + 8 - 1)

Step 4: In the loop, Step 1 is executed again.

Final Formula: (x + 7)

There are more transformations, for example (x + x + x) becomes (3 * x), (-x + x) becomes 0.

All of this was getting beautiful, but when I came across functions such as ((x * 9) * (x * 5)) / 9), that logic lost efficiency. I would have to create at least one more 14 other nested rules.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duanbo5230 2017-08-10 05:34
    关注

So the general scheme would be to first convert the expression into an expression tree format. This is tree structure where each node represents either a mathematical operation, a number or a variable. You can use the shunting yard algorithm to do the conversion and might find evalmath could be modified to produce a tree rather than simply evaluate it. There are probably other Python libraries which can do more than evalmath.

Once you have a tree structure it becomes much easier to manipulate. You can manipulate small sub-trees to produce simplier forms, applying some of the mathematical rules you learnt in high school.

For example you might want to expand brackets. The expression (x+3)*(x+5) would be represented as a tree as

+           +
         x     3     x     5 

this tree could be rewritten as x^2 + 8 x + 15

+
            ^                +
         x     2        *        15
                     x     8

The general scheme would probably be expanding all your brackets. Then collect like terms and simplify.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码
  • ¥15 ubuntu子系统密码忘记
  • ¥15 保护模式-系统加载-段寄存器
  • ¥15 电脑桌面设定一个区域禁止鼠标操作