dstbtam8732 2011-11-15 09:03
浏览 69

将javascript与php混合时的性能和缓存

After doing a lot of reading on the subject, I realized that many developers mix javascript and php in the same file (by adding the .php extension or using other ways).

On the other hand, if I choose to separate the javascript from the php and store it in an external cacheable static file, I gain some performance advantage, but I also need to find creative ways to pass server-side data to the javascript.

For example, since I can't use a php foreach loop in the .js file I need to convert php arrays to json objects using json_encode. In other cases, I need to declare gloabl javascript variables in the original php file so I can use them in the external js file. Since server side processing is considered faster than javascript, converting to js arrays and using global vars may also be a bad idea...

The bottom line is I'm trying to understand the trade off here. Which has more impact on performance, enable caching of js files or keeping a cleaner code by avoiding global js variables and multidemnsional js arrays?

• 写回答

6条回答 默认 最新

• duandianzhong8315 2011-11-15 09:11
    关注

are you talking about performance of the server or the browser?

my personal opinion is that given the choice between making a server slower or making a browser slower, you should always choose to let the browser be slower.

usually, "slow" means something like "takes 100ms" or so, which is not noticeable on an individual browser, but if you have a few hundred requests to a server and they're all delayed by that, the effect is cumulative, and the response becomes sluggish. very noticeable.

let the browser take the hit.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 oracle集群安装出bug
  • ¥15 关于#python#的问题:自动化测试
  • ¥20 问题请教!vue项目关于Nginx配置nonce安全策略的问题
  • ¥15 教务系统账号被盗号如何追溯设备
  • ¥20 delta降尺度方法,未来数据怎么降尺度
  • ¥15 c# 使用NPOI快速将datatable数据导入excel中指定sheet,要求快速高效
  • ¥15 再不同版本的系统上,TCP传输速度不一致
  • ¥15 高德地图点聚合中Marker的位置无法实时更新