douanrang4728 2010-10-13 13:34
浏览 66
已采纳

PHP Web设计:使用Smarty vs Rest使用jQuery

I've been trawling SO for a couple of hours tonight looking for some answers, but I've not found anything that really answers what I'm after. My apologies if it has, in fact, been answered already.

I'm designing a new website and I'm trying to decide on the architecture to use to serve the content. In the past, my websites have used PHP feeding data into Smarty templates.

However, recently at my work, I've been working on a Java web application where jQuery was used to retrieve the data from a RESTful API (which returned JSON), where HTML template pages were used as the base and javascript was used (utilising jQuery) to fill in the content.

My question:

The website I'm designing will be in PHP, but would it be better to construct (or use an existing) RESTful API or to continue on as I've done before feeding the data into Smarty templates?

Are there real benefits to one or the other, or does it just come down to developer preference/experience?

If it helps, the website will be for a church, where the content types will be CMS-like; news/announcements, wiki-like pages, and a limited type of social networking (for the minister to communicate with parishioners).

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dre26973 2010-10-13 15:08
    关注

Short answer: It sounds like filling the content with JavaScript would not be useful in your case. Loading the data with JavaScript is adding a layer of complexity with minimal or no benefit (in your case). Take a look at CMSs and websites that have similar functionality to what you're doing. WordPress, Drupal, etc.

For an example of when it might be useful to load data with JavaScript, check out the tags section on this site. When you search for a tag it queries the server without reloading the page. However, the initial tag list is loaded during the initial page load without any JS.

Here are some cases where you might benefit from loading information with JS:

• There is some data that will take longer to load. For example, you're getting data from a web service. Using the traditional method, you would need all the data you need for the page to be available before it can be displayed. If you loaded that data with JavaScript, the page could load and the slow data would appear when it returns. Realistically, you would probably just cache the data but this is just an example.
    • You will be getting more data as the user stays on the page. You might want to update the page without refreshing.
    • You want the user to be able to query more data without refreshing the page.
    • Your users have limited bandwidth (mobile).
    • This site has more guidelines: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javase/index-137171.html
    本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 名为“Product”的列已属于此 DataTable
  • ¥15 安卓adb backup备份应用数据失败
  • ¥15 eclipse运行项目时遇到的问题
  • ¥15 关于#c##的问题:最近需要用CAT工具Trados进行一些开发
  • ¥15 南大pa1 小游戏没有界面,并且报了如下错误,尝试过换显卡驱动,但是好像不行
  • ¥15 没有证书,nginx怎么反向代理到只能接受https的公网网站
  • ¥50 成都蓉城足球俱乐部小程序抢票
  • ¥15 yolov7训练自己的数据集
  • ¥15 esp8266与51单片机连接问题(标签-单片机|关键词-串口)(相关搜索:51单片机|单片机|测试代码)
  • ¥15 电力市场出清matlab yalmip kkt 双层优化问题