douba6365 2012-07-07 20:53 采纳率: 100%
浏览 45
已采纳

PHP使用冗长的循环创建不稳定的服务器错误

I have a PHP script that pulls down a bunch of RSS feeds. To prevent overloading the publishers' servers, I use the PHP Sleep function to slow things down.

The entire script could last for a couple of hours.

If I run this from a Cron job on GoDaddy, it will happily work for 5 - 10 minutes and then return a server error. I checked and the PHP maximum execution time is 30 seconds, so I'm not sure if this is the cause of the problem.

If I run the job on my Mac, my local PHP also has a default maximum execution time of 30 seconds, but this script does work if I run it from the terminal, but I don't understand why.

How do I loop a script that will exceed 30 seconds without running into unreliability problems?

Help appreciated.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dpqg86714 2012-07-07 21:01
    关注

Short answer is use set_time_limit(0) to allow for a long-running script. Your terminal (CLI) PHP probably has it set to 0. You could also be running out of memory, especially on PHP 5.2 or older. Log all errors to a file, and inspect it.

You could rewrite your program to be able to work on a subset of the data during one run. The benefit of that approach is you could use it to run 24/7 or to run every five minutes, depending on what the PHP environment supports. You could also run multiple instances at a time, each working on their own data.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 jupyterthemes 设置完毕后没有效果
  • ¥15 matlab图像高斯低通滤波
  • ¥15 针对曲面部件的制孔路径规划,大家有什么思路吗
  • ¥15 钢筋实图交点识别,机器视觉代码
  • ¥15 如何在Linux系统中,但是在window系统上idea里面可以正常运行?(相关搜索:jar包)
  • ¥50 400g qsfp 光模块iphy方案
  • ¥15 两块ADC0804用proteus仿真时,出现异常
  • ¥15 关于风控系统,如何去选择
  • ¥15 这款软件是什么?需要能满足我的需求
  • ¥15 SpringSecurityOauth2登陆前后request不一致