duanmei1885 2013-12-05 17:44
浏览 59
已采纳

PHP / Python / Ruby - 具有简短预览的长时间运行任务

I have a web frontend which uses data from a task that must be run frequently in bulk (which takes more time than I'd like to use PHP for). The data can be stored in a database so I was planning on writing a Java application to run the task and use the database as a middleman to get the results of this task accessible to the web.

Problem is, a "preview" of this data is needed occasionally. IE, sometimes the user needs to request a sample of the data (which can be computed quickly) to be generated on cue.

This presents a real problem for me, this preview IS more suited for a language like PHP even though it's essentially the same task. It's just two cases, in case A there are real jobs from many users to be done so the task takes a sufficiently long time to complete (longer than a PHP request can hold), in case B it's a baby job for just one user ran on the spot which could be completed in PHP without issue.

I don't want to write this code twice, it would make maintenance a nightmare so I kind of need to pick a language and stick with it. The frontend is designed but not implemented so I have an oppertunity to write the site in PHP, Ruby or Python if need be. I know PHP, so I would only consider switching to Python or Ruby if one of those languages offered a solution to this problem. but I know so little about these languages that I really cannot begin to know if they offer a solution without learning them (which I don't have the time for atm).

In short, is there a non-hackish way to write short, quick event-driven code AND long-running repetitive code with Ruby on Rails or Python? If not do you have any ideas how to satifsy these two cases with either PHP or Java?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dsiimyoc804955 2013-12-05 19:56
    关注

Language is irrelevant.

Just put "short" operation in function (object, if it is complex) and use it from 2 places:

1. web-code which needs "preview" will call it once and get its piece of data
    2. long-running background process will call it iteratively as much as needed and will store result of function in DB instead of returning it to user immediately

Can be easily done in PHP. Long-running processeses are not a problem since 5.3

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Stata 面板数据模型选择
  • ¥20 idea运行测试代码报错问题
  • ¥15 网络监控:网络故障告警通知
  • ¥15 django项目运行报编码错误
  • ¥15 请问这个是什么意思?
  • ¥15 STM32驱动继电器
  • ¥15 Windows server update services
  • ¥15 关于#c语言#的问题:我现在在做一个墨水屏设计,2.9英寸的小屏怎么换4.2英寸大屏