douqie1852 2018-02-26 23:25
浏览 114
已采纳

base64_decode不适用于PHP

I currently am trying to store images from an Android application. The app converts the image from the ImageView object into a byte array and then uses Android's built in Base64.encodeToString function so that I could pass it within a HTTP Post Request to my PHP script(which conducts the Insert to Database logic).

For some reason, if in my PHP Script I try to call base64_decode before storing the image as a MEDIUMBLOB, the whole insertion process fails but if I skip the base64_decode within the PHP script, the insertion works successfully. Could anyone explain to me why? Been debugging for hours but can't seem to find out the reason

I was thinking that decoding it would help me save storage space on the DB. I'm aware of not storing images in DBs and using paths and stuff but for my current purpose, I've chosen to store it in the DB as it's much more convenient for me (it's not a huge scalable project as I am just developing something to run for a small study).

Thanks in advance!

<?php

/*
    * Following code will create a new product row
    * All product details are read from HTTP Post Request
    */

// array for JSON response
    $response = array();

// check for required fields
    if (isset($_POST['username']) && isset($_POST['drinkName']) && isset($_POST['caption']) && isset($_POST['photo']) ) 
    {

$username = $_POST['username'];
    $drinkName = $_POST['drinkName'];
    $caption = $_POST['caption'];

$photoRaw = $_POST['photo'];    
    $photo = base64_decode($photoRaw);

// include db connect class
    require_once __DIR__ . '/db_connect.php';

// connecting to db
    $db = new DB_CONNECT();

// mysql inserting a new row
    $result = mysql_query("INSERT INTO Memories(username, drinkName, caption, photo) VALUES('$username', '$drinkName', '$caption', '$photo')");
    // check if row inserted or not
    if ($result) {
    // successfully inserted into database
    $response["success"] = 1;
    $response["message"] = "Product successfully created.";
    // echoing JSON response
    echo json_encode($response);
    } else {
    // failed to insert row
    $response["success"] = 0;
    $response["message"] = "Oops! An error occurred.";

// echoing JSON response
    }
    } else {
    // required field is missing
    $response["success"] = 0;
    $response["message"] = "Required field(s) is missing";

// echoing JSON response
    }
    ?>
  • 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dpi96151 2018-02-27 00:23
    关注

What you have described is a problem with how you are trying to insert the raw binary data into the database. When you say it works as base64, that is because base64 generally won't have a single-quote character in it which would break the sql query you show you are using.

To escape the value using those old mysql_* functions, you would use mysql_escape_string...

Please do not use that old mysql method!

You should migrate to mysqli which has been around for many years (your server should support it). Since it looks like your DB_CONNECT method is built around the old mysql, you will have to restructure that for mysqli. Its not too difficult.

I can provide you with an example of how to do the mysqli insert using a safely prepared statement:

$mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "db_name");// db connect
    $stmt = $mysqli->prepare("INSERT INTO Memories (username, drinkName, caption, photo) 
                              VALUES(?,?,?,?)");
    $stmt->bind_param("ssss", $username, $drinkName, $caption, $photo);
    $stmt->execute();

This treats the last value as a straight passthrough as a 'string' into your MEDIUMBLOB field to be inserted safely (as well as safely handle the other three variables protecting you from sql injection attacks).

An alternate way to send binary data in, in packets, is this method:

$mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "db_name");// db connect
    $stmt = $mysqli->prepare("INSERT INTO Memories (username, drinkName, caption, photo) 
                              VALUES(?,?,?,?)");
    $null = NULL;   // this is just a holder to bind on
    $stmt->bind_param("sssb", $username, $drinkName, $caption, $null); // note the 'b'
    $stmt->send_long_data(3,$photo);   // 3 indicates the 4th bound variable
    $stmt->execute();

Some notes:

• If your images are bigger than the max_allowed_packet of mysql, you will run into some errors in that regard.
    • If your field is a BLOB it would only hold an image < 64kb. If its MEDIUMBLOB it will hold a 16mb image, but you risk run over max_allowed_packet.
    • If you run over the packet issue, you would need to build a packet loop to pass smaller chunks through the send_long_data function.
    本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 #MATLAB仿真#车辆换道路径规划
  • ¥15 java 操作 elasticsearch 8.1 实现 索引的重建
  • ¥15 数据可视化Python
  • ¥15 要给毕业设计添加扫码登录的功能!!有偿
  • ¥15 kafka 分区副本增加会导致消息丢失或者不可用吗?
  • ¥15 微信公众号自制会员卡没有收款渠道啊
  • ¥15 stable diffusion
  • ¥100 Jenkins自动化部署—悬赏100元