dongzi1959 2014-12-07 13:08
浏览 66
已采纳

PHP为SQL添加唯一ID

I'm working on a small project for my English teacher, and it's my first time doing anything with databases. I have a table called Books, with four columns: Id, Title, Link, and Rating. The idea is that a user could submit the title of a book they recently read, a link to it on goodreads, and a rating out of 5 stars. (I don't have any input validating yet, but I'm going to add that after I finish up with my current problem.)

The problem happens in the Id column. I'm trying, with PHP and SQL, to grab the largest Id in the entire table, and then set the Id of the newly added book (row) to be one more than the old largest.

Here's my HTML:

<form action="bookSubmit.php" method="post">
    Book Title: <input type="text" name="title"><br>
    Goodreads Link: <input type="text" name="link"><br>
    Rating (1 to 5): <input type="number" name="rating" min="1" max="5"><br>
    <input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>

and bookSubmit.php:

<?php

$servername = "localhost";
$username = "[My username]";
$password = "[My password]";
$dbname = "PullJosh_books";

// Create connection
$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password, $dbname);
// Check connection
if ($conn->connect_error) {
    die("Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error);
} 

$newId = $conn->query("SELECT MAX(Id) FROM Books"); // Replacing this line with $newId = and then manually typing in the current highest Id works (meaning everything else is all set).
$newId++;

$sql = "INSERT INTO Books (Id, Title, Link, Rating)
VALUES ('". $newId ."', '" . $_POST['title'] . "', '" . $_POST['link'] . "', '" . $_POST['rating'] . "')";

if ($conn->query($sql) === TRUE) {
    echo "New record created successfully";
} else {
    echo "Error: " . $sql . "<br>" . $conn->error;
}

$conn->close();

?>

When I run SELECT MAX(Id) FROM Books in the phpmyadmin sql tab, I get 2, which is correct.

If you happen to notice any security issues (besides not validating the input), please let me know about that as well.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongle19863 2014-12-07 13:14
    关注

You need not to first find the largest number in the table and then add one number to it and then submit. In your data table in mysql turn id into primary key and make it auto increment true that will always insert a unique and increased id.

syntax for the same

ALTER TABLE tbl_name ADD id INT PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT;

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥60 版本过低apk如何修改可以兼容新的安卓系统
  • ¥25 由IPR导致的DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE蓝屏
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题
  • ¥15 C#算法问题, 不知道怎么处理这个数据的转换
  • ¥15 YoloV5 第三方库的版本对照问题
  • ¥15 请完成下列相关问题!
  • ¥15 drone 推送镜像时候 purge: true 推送完毕后没有删除对应的镜像,手动拷贝到服务器执行结果正确在样才能让指令自动执行成功删除对应镜像,如何解决?