dongmi19720408 2014-09-18 01:18
浏览 151

PHP LDAP绑定有时成功使用错误的密码

I'm currently integrating LDAP Authentication. I'm able to connect to my LDAP AD server, and query it for data anonymously, which is fine. I'm trying to authenticate users now, and when I enter my username and a random password, it successfully fails, and when I enter my real password, it successfully passes, however I'm able to enter MOST of my correct password, and it still passes.

e.g.:

Username: user1
Password: RandomPassword1
(works)

Password: Random
(fails)

Password: RandomPasswo
(works???)

So now I'm curious if Active Directory maybe doesn't check the whole password, maybe it can't, or maybe the hashing algorithm it uses generates the same hash code for RandomPassword1 as RandomPasswo?

I guess my question is that^, but also is there a way to ensure it authenticates properly? I haven't tested this with other passwords, as I don't have access to other accounts to test this with, however it definitely works when the password is RandomPassword1 (which happens to have been my password, yes - I've changed it now)

Edit: My LDAP Binding code:

function validateLoginDetails($username, $password) {
    $ldap_connection = ldap_connect("server", 389);
    if($ldap_connection === FALSE) {
        echo "Unable to connect.";
    } else {
        ldap_set_option($ldap_connection, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3) or die("Could not set version.");
        ldap_set_option($ldap_connection, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS, 0);
    }
    $r = @ldap_bind(@$ldap_connection, "uid=".$username.",ou=People,o=Foo", $password);
    if(!$r) {
        return false;
    } else {
        return true;
    }
}

(Note that using the same connection, I'm able to list all users and their info, and it does reject a randomly mashed password, but it accepts as I said, a half-complete password. Maybe this is an option in AD or LDAP?)

(I've also realised that even though I've changed my password, my new password doesn't work, but the old password, RandomPassword1, still does, but I'm assuming this is because maybe AD takes a while to update or something? I'm not sure.)

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanquyong8164 2015-07-30 14:51
    关注

I know it's been a long time, but I just had the same "problem", ran accross your question, and found out what was causing (in my case, at least). So I thought I would describe how I solved it for those interested (even though it probably won't be of your particular interest anymore).

In my case, I found it to be because the user I was trying to authenticate with a "similar" password (the correct password minus or plus a few characters) had the password encrypted with the Unix Crypt method (it was in a machine used solely for development purposes, so not a big deal).

It probably only considered a fixed short length of the password to generate the hash, thus the las few characters of the password attempted not mattering.

I then set the user's password using a stronger encryption method (like SHA-512 Crypt) and it only recognized the exact correct password, as expected.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 程序不包含适用于入口点的静态Main方法
  • ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码