duanlei2150 2013-09-23 16:12
浏览 48
已采纳

PHP / MYSQL SEARCH QUERY RETURNS ERROR:子查询返回超过1行

please I am totally new to mysql, my problem is:

I have a table called 'cong' which has the following columns(id, sort_code, pin, name, state, lga, zip, address, min, min_photo, sec, min_phone, sec_phone) which contains all congregations.

The columns (state, lga) contains the id from the tables 'states' and 'local_govt'.

The 'states' table has the following columns (id, country_id, name), and the 'local_govt' table has the following columns (id, country_id, state_id, name).

I want to carry out a search on the 'cong' table which should search through the 'state' and 'local_govt' tables for matches, below is the search function I wrote:

<?php
      function find_cong($term) {
      $query = "SELECT * FROM cong";
      $query .= " WHERE state rLIKE
      (SELECT id FROM states WHERE upper(name) rLIKE '{$term}')";
      $query .= " OR lga rLIKE
      (SELECT id FROM local_govt WHERE upper(name) rLIKE '{$term}')";
      $query .= " OR upper(name) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $query .= " OR upper(address) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $query .= " OR upper(sort_code) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $query .= " OR upper(pin) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $query .= " OR upper(zip) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $query .= " OR upper(min) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $query .= " OR upper(sec) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $query .= " OR upper(min_phone) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $query .= " OR upper(sec_phone) rLIKE '{$term}'";
      $result = mysql_query($query);
      confirm_query($result);
      return $result;
      }

function confirm_query($query) {
          if (!$query) {
             die("Database query failed : " . mysql_error());
          }
      }

?>

The problem now is that, it searches some terms and comes up with accurate results, but for some specific terms like local_govt and state names it pops an error: (Database query failed : Subquery returns more than 1 row)

Please I need your help as I don't have any idea how to write the code better than that. Thanks.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• douxing5199 2013-09-23 16:27
    关注

You have subequeries in the states and local_govt portions of the WHERE statement. Presumably there are rows for a given value of $term where those queries will return a resultset of more than one row. Because you are using rLIKE, which expects to evaluate against one value (rather than multiple), the overall query will error out.

Instead, refactor as follows:

$query .= " WHERE state IN (SELECT id FROM states WHERE upper(name) rLIKE '{$term}')";
    $query .= " OR lga IN (SELECT id FROM local_govt WHERE upper(name) rLIKE '{$term}')";

this will account for that contingency.

Please note that the query as written is unlikely to be very performant. Since you are scanning many different columns, it would be best to try not to use regex here, because the optimizer won't be able to leverage indices. Ideally, reduce it to a constant, so that you can use:

SELECT * FROM cong WHERE $term IN (upper(name), upper(address)...)

but that may not be possible given your requirements. If that's the case, I would probably look at the design of your program and try to split the query into a lookup against one column at most from the application side, e.g.:

SELECT * FROM cong WHERE $term rLIKE upper(NAME)

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 用土力学知识进行土坡稳定性分析与挡土墙设计
  • ¥70 PlayWright在Java上连接CDP关联本地Chrome启动失败,貌似是Windows端口转发问题
  • ¥15 帮我写一个c++工程
  • ¥30 Eclipse官网打不开,官网首页进不去,显示无法访问此页面,求解决方法
  • ¥15 关于smbclient 库的使用
  • ¥15 微信小程序协议怎么写
  • ¥15 c语言怎么用printf(“\b \b”)与getch()实现黑框里写入与删除?
  • ¥20 怎么用dlib库的算法识别小麦病虫害
  • ¥15 华为ensp模拟器中S5700交换机在配置过程中老是反复重启
  • ¥15 uniapp uview http 如何实现统一的请求异常信息提示?