dongyanju0945 2013-03-05 21:47
浏览 28

嵌套关联的数据结构

First, please do not flame me as I am new to programming and PHP. I am a student trying to step outside of the comfort of foundation in a classroom and work on my first project. I have performed a search, my problem is I am not even sure how to word what I am looking for and am curious if I am overlooking a simple solution. I have tried searching for every variation of 'nested' or 'tree' that I think would associate with this problem but am having problems finding something that answers my question.

I am trying to list members that were referred by other members in a nested tree i.e. if John sponsored Mary, Mike, and Tom and Mike sponsored Megan and Susan, and Susan sponsored Betty and Michelle I want to be able to display something like:

1. John
    • Mary
    • Mike
      • Megan
      • Susan
        • Betty
        • Michelle
    • Tom

I would like to be able to specify the depth to search for example I only needed to display 5 levels deep if needed. For this I was thinking of a for (i=0;i<=4;i++)

$query = "SELECT fname, lname, user_id FROM USER WHERE sponsor_id = (SELECT user_id FROM USER WHERE username = '$_SESSION[username]')";
$result = mysqli_query($con, $query); 

while ($row = mysqli_fetch_row($result)) {
  echo "<ul><li>$row[0] $row[1]</li>";
  $subquery = "SELECT fname, lname, user_id FROM USER WHERE sponsor_id = '$row[2]'";
  $subresult = mysqli_query($con, $subquery);
  while ($row2 = mysqli_fetch_row($subresult)) {
    echo "<ul><li>$row2[0] $row2[1]</li></ul>";
  }     
}

This was my last attempt to figure out the general required structure which didn't exactly work. I am pretty sure I can make this work at any level desired if I want to keep making this deeper and nest further but what if I wanted to return 100 levels... seems there is a simple structure that I am just overlooking.

Any guidance would be appreciated, even a link to help explain this if you know how to search for what I am looking for I would be happy to read and learn myself, thanks!!

I found the answer after reading everyone's comments and doing a lot of searching. What I am looking for is an adjacency list or closure table. The best information I found on this is at http://www.slideshare.net/billkarwin/models-for-hierarchical-data. Thanks for the information everyone!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dtp87205 2013-03-06 00:42
    关注

What you need is usually referred to as a B+ tree. Each node has children, but the number of children is not preset. So one node may have 5 children while another has 3 and another 1. To understand what not preset means, contrast with an n-ary tree. An n-ary tree is a tree where the number of children per node is already known (i.e. preset). Example, Bin-ary means each node has two children. In your case, you can decide to use an n-ary tree, which means you would use an array of children of a preset size. Your structure may end up being sparse. It that happens, change to B+ so that each children array has its own size.

Note that you don't need a graph for this since each person may only have one sponsor (i.e. one parent).

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 基于卷积神经网络的声纹识别
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值
  • ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗
  • ¥15 CSAPPattacklab
  • ¥15 一直显示正在等待HID—ISP
  • ¥15 Python turtle 画图