drbl91357 2010-06-14 13:28
浏览 66
已采纳

Zend_Search_Lucene vs SOLR

I have recenlty stumbled into Zend Lucene port of Lucene project. I have a little bit experience with SOLR so I would like to know what is the difference between two of them especially from performance and installation side.

As much as I know SOLR requires Tomcat serverlet running in web hosting in order to work, what about Zend Lucene library?

I am also a bit confused what means "being implemented on the top of Lucene"?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongleibeng5602 2010-06-14 18:16
    关注

Java Lucene, and all its ports to other languages, including Zend Lucene, are search libraries.

This means that in order to use Zend Lucene, you have to wrap it in other (PHP) code, that will integrate the search with the rest of your application. The code generally needs to manage indexing, retrieval and usually some housekeeping of Lucene. You communicate with Zend Lucene using PHP function calls.

Solr, OTOH, is a search server built on top of Lucene. This means that a Solr instance can run as a stand-alone server webapp inside a servlet container (That could be Tomcat, Jetty or one of several other such programs). It is much easier to set up a Solr server than a Lucene application. You can do a lot with Solr without writing a single line of Java - just by tweaking some XML configuration files. Setting up a Solr server may take as few as several minutes. The default way to communicate with Solr is using HTTP calls.

So basically Zend Lucene installation requires having a PHP server and proper indexing and retrieval using a PHP library. Solr installation requires running a Java servlet container and deploying a war file into it.

Regarding performance, Solr has many of Lucene caching and other parameters optimized. Also, I believe Zend Lucene is slower than Java Lucene, so my bet is that Solr would be faster, but this really depends on the specific application.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 活动选择题。最多可以参加几个项目?
  • ¥15 飞机曲面部件如机翼,壁板等具体的孔位模型
  • ¥15 vs2019中数据导出问题
  • ¥20 云服务Linux系统TCP-MSS值修改?
  • ¥20 关于#单片机#的问题:项目:使用模拟iic与ov2640通讯环境:F407问题:读取的ID号总是0xff,自己调了调发现在读从机数据时,SDA线上并未有信号变化(语言-c语言)
  • ¥20 怎么在stm32门禁成品上增加查询记录功能
  • ¥15 Source insight编写代码后使用CCS5.2版本import之后,代码跳到注释行里面
  • ¥50 NT4.0系统 STOP:0X0000007B
  • ¥15 想问一下stata17中这段代码哪里有问题呀
  • ¥15 flink cdc无法实时同步mysql数据