dr200166 2011-10-03 14:26
浏览 227
已采纳

从PHP发送电子邮件时使用SSL / TLS

I am very new to email servers and sending email with PHP...

Is it possible to have email sent from a PHP script on my server encrypted using SSL or TLS before it is sent to the recipient's mail server?

I need to ensure only the intended recipient can read the email, in case the transmission is intercepted on its journey to their mail server.

I am not sure if this is possible, as the recipient's mail server would not know the public key right? So how could it decrypt the email?

As background, I am not actually hosting email accounts for anyone - so it is not a case of the users authenticating with my server and downloading emails for them hosted there. I just have a script triggering an alert email to be sent from "notifications@danbaylis.com" (which is not a real email address on the server so you can't reply to it) to the user's real email address (which my application knows). I need a way to make sure this email is securely sent from PHP on my server, to the recipients mail server.

I have looked at the mail() function in PHP, as well as the PHPMailer class - but I am not sure how I would configure either of these methods to securely send the email.

All my research just shows how to install SSL in on my server so users can securely download email stored on my server - which is not what I am trying to do here.

I am running Centos5.7 which I believe has a mail server installed, though I am not sure if PHP actually uses that by default..

Thanks for any help!

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongluoqiu0255 2011-10-03 14:31
    关注

The type of encryption you are looking for is not SSL/TSL, which is used to encrypt transmission between the client (PHP) and the SMTP server which will send it on. SSL/TLS makes no guarantee that the data will be encrypted all the way to its endpoint. In fact, it almost certainly won't be as the data is relayed between SMTP servers and switches along the way.

Instead you are looking for PGP encryption, which can be implemented in PHP using the GnuPG functions. You must encrypt the message using your recipient's public key. It can then only be decrypted and read with the recipient's private key, held by the recipient alone.

To implement this in mail(), you would first encrypt the message body, then pass the encrypted, ascii armored block to mail() as its third parameter. Message headers will not be encrypted, only the body.

Addendum

The way secure message transmission is handled by most banks and medical services (in the US, anyway) is not to send email at all. Instead, messages which must be kept secure are stored in a user's "inbox" with the website. The user must login (over SSL) to the website to read messages in the secure inbox. Email is only sent to notify the user that new messages are waiting.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 用三极管设计—个共射极放大电路
  • ¥15 请完成下列相关问题!
  • ¥15 drone 推送镜像时候 purge: true 推送完毕后没有删除对应的镜像,手动拷贝到服务器执行结果正确在样才能让指令自动执行成功删除对应镜像,如何解决?
  • ¥15 求daily translation(DT)偏差订正方法的代码
  • ¥15 js调用html页面需要隐藏某个按钮
  • ¥15 ads仿真结果在圆图上是怎么读数的
  • ¥20 Cotex M3的调试和程序执行方式是什么样的?
  • ¥20 java项目连接sqlserver时报ssl相关错误
  • ¥15 一道python难题3
  • ¥15 牛顿斯科特系数表表示