douxiduan8344 2013-10-18 12:17
浏览 63

极端放缓云与VPS(亚马逊,Jelastic)

We are trying to move one of our web-services (Java) to the cloud from a development server, here are the details:

There is a PHP front-end, connecting to a Java-based web-service that is connected to a MySQL database (all requests to the database are sent from the web-service, the php part is communicating with the Java back-end only, no direct connection to the database).

Start Point

Dev Server - CentOS (cPanel), 765MB-1.5GB RAM, 4CPU, Tomcat 7

*the software is running fast, no speed issues, logs show normal CPU and memory usage

Scenario #1

PHP front-end on Elastic Beanstalk and Java web-service with database on Elastic Beanstalk

*the software is about 80% slower, logs show normal CPU and memory usage

Scenario #2

PHP front-end on VPS (same company/location with Jelastic) and Java web-service with database on Jelastic

*the software is about 70% slower, logs show normal CPU and memory usage

Scenario #3

PHP front-end on VPS, Java web-service with database on Elastic Beanstalk and Jelastic (swithing)

*the software is about 70-80% slower, logs show normal CPU and memory usage on both cloud environments

What I figured out, no matter where the PHP front-end is located, that will load fast, nothing to search here.

As soon as the Java back-end is moved from the VPS to the cloud (doesn't matter if Amazon or Jelastic), the whole software slows down extremely. Based on the logs and since we tried with two providers, this doesn't seem like a resource issue.

It cannot be a connection issue since we tried to have the PHP and Java in the same environment (Scenario #1).

It is either the Java web-service slowing down extremely (for unknown reason as logs show low resource usage) or it could be the connection between the Java application and the database (I doubt since in the first scenario, all three components are on Amazon, same environment, location).

Anyone ever had such an issue before? Any ideas? Thank you!

(note, I have zero experience with cloud hosting)

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• duancheng6500 2013-10-18 15:42
    关注

For high performance Java cloud backend, you can try Jelastic implementation by Elastx - see the performance research that CloudSpectator did on them (they also used Amazon and Rackspace cloud in the study): http://blog.jelastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Elastx-Fueld-by-SolidFire-9-5-13+Jelastic.pdf

Also, I do not know who your current Jelastic provider is, but if you contact them by clicking Help / Contact Support in Jelastic dashboard, I am sure that they will be happy to troubleshoot the issue! If this does not help - please ping me offline.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Stata 面板数据模型选择
  • ¥20 idea运行测试代码报错问题
  • ¥15 网络监控:网络故障告警通知
  • ¥15 django项目运行报编码错误
  • ¥15 请问这个是什么意思?
  • ¥15 STM32驱动继电器
  • ¥15 Windows server update services
  • ¥15 关于#c语言#的问题:我现在在做一个墨水屏设计,2.9英寸的小屏怎么换4.2英寸大屏
  • ¥15 模糊pid与pid仿真结果几乎一样