doupu1727 2012-08-21 08:42
浏览 98

在常见的服务器环境中使用Spring和php的优点

What I would propose would probably sound strange, but I have my reasons for it.

For a long time, we've had this Spring based API, which originated as an abstract set of REST services for CRUD functionality. With time however, we started building business and presentation layers on top until we reached a state of a dead end. Do not get me wrong, Spring/Hibernate are great frameworks, and being built on top of the JVM has its definite advantages, including performance over other web technologies, such as PHP. Compared to PHP, it gives us a much deeper way of controlling aspects such as transactioning, multithreading, dealing with byte data, control over native C++ applications, using JNI, etc.

Where the stack clearly hits a hard wall, is where the requirements get changed most often, namely the business and presentation layers. Turning the applciation into a modern, user-centered social applciation, we've experienced the toughest challenge in out careers. Java EE presentation technologies are tough to work with. Also, changing the business requirements became a tremendously long cycling because of the traditional hurdles in building testing and deploying massive Java applications.

It also felt like for a large part, we are trying to reinvent the wheel. In the PHP world, so many projects exist already, which give you a complete management system, agnostic to any kind of backend system (mapping hooks to REST/SOAP endpoints) . Many of them have all these functionalities ready, allow for admin-friendly change of scenarious, and rules, have templating, etc. Plus, being PHP based means absolutely no time wasted in building and deploying. Write the change, test, asert that it works, and switch.

Our idea now is to find a way to move the business and presentation layers in such a kind of front-server PHP-based application, and leave the pure backend stuff to Spring/Hibernate. We have a few concerns though, coming from our relative inexperience with Spring.

1. If we implement the business methods using PHP methods, how do we keep transactional security? I mean if a business method has to make three separate HTTP requests to the JAVA, how can we guarantee that they will all be executed in the same transaction, DB-wise?

2. Is there a way to use proxies or promise objects between both systems? For instance, if the PHP business method needs to call a Spring search method get a collection of objects from the database, and then pass it on to another spring method, this will mean that teh whole collection will have to be sent back and forth. Perhaps, one could store it in a session object on the JAVA side, and simply sent an empty proxy back to the frontend, which the frontend can bass back to another jav method.

3. A lot of our Spring based functionailities rely on a structure of plugins, using Spring events. How can we make so that our frontend server also gets notified on every ackend event that happens. I have two ideas here: a post-processing-filter that simply makes a POST request to a controller on the frontend server, using some naming convention. or ... using some kind of a message queue, such as JMS or RabbitMQ, or why not even something like Reddis, where one can watch data for changes

Anyone who has done that before? Is this a good idea in general? Any suggestions how to resolve the aforementioned issues?

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• dongtuo6562 2012-08-21 10:07
    关注

This is not what you asked, but I think it's worth saying that some of the problems you are experiencing with Java are problems that most experienced Java developers faced some day, and most have found some solution. For instance, you can use Arquillian to do a "faster" TDD in Java. And you can use JRebel to do a "code-and-refresh" approach, like in PHP. Modern IDEs also helps in refactoring, something that helps in the "requirements change" scenario.

Granted, the presentation part is still a big problem with Java. I personally don't like JSF, and (to me), most of the other presentation technologies are either non-intuitive or they are cumbersome.

I would say that this is the reason why a lot of Java developers are becoming adopters of HTML5 and Javascript (backbone.js, underscore.js, jquery, ...) for the frontend, with REST in the backend. There's no need to have PHP in the middle.

I'm afraid I cannot answer your other questions, but perhaps a good start would be to see if PHP could be run from inside a Java EE container? I know this works for Ruby and Python apps, as JRuby and Jython would take care of the bridge between the two world.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 求差集那个函数有问题,有无佬可以解决
  • ¥15 【提问】基于Invest的水源涵养
  • ¥20 微信网友居然可以通过vx号找到我绑的手机号
  • ¥15 寻一个支付宝扫码远程授权登录的软件助手app
  • ¥15 解riccati方程组
  • ¥15 display:none;样式在嵌套结构中的已设置了display样式的元素上不起作用?
  • ¥15 使用rabbitMQ 消息队列作为url源进行多线程爬取时,总有几个url没有处理的问题。
  • ¥15 Ubuntu在安装序列比对软件STAR时出现报错如何解决
  • ¥50 树莓派安卓APK系统签名
  • ¥65 汇编语言除法溢出问题