dongrong5189 2012-10-24 20:38
浏览 64

将SALT添加到哈希(crypt)函数(澄清),还有一些小问题

I've been studying/looking about on Google for TOO long and although I find many so-so tutorials, I'm wondering a bit about the "optional SALT" parameter in the (crypt) function within PHP. I have too many tabs open and getting nowhere so, at this point, I figured id just ask for help.

As far as the salt, I read somewhere that if you don't add it, it will be added for you but that this is not good practice. I can't seem to find the "why" it's good/not good. How should this be handled?

I've read a few things here and there about randomizing salts but others say it doesn't matter...again, confusing.

Also I'm having problems checking against the stored data as well. Obviously if I do something like

crypt("pass string here",salt here);

ill get a random string for the pass....so on a user log in, then the value of

$_POST['the entered name/pass etc '];

and checking against the db value for that users pass would always equal to false. So then I suppose that id have to rehash /salt the pass given upon user entry and then test against what's on the db?

Also, I've read throughout the net (but at this point I'm confused) that somehow the salt is stored in the db? and it doesn't have to be hidden?

I can keep going on and on, just lost honestly, I think I've read too much and not sure how to proceed. At this point, What id REALLY prefer is a GOOD link with tutorial if anyone has those resources.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongsheng8158 2012-10-24 20:41
    关注

You need to generate a secure random salt value when the user signs up, and store that salt in the database.

When the user logs in, fetch the salt and hash from the database, compute the hash of the password they typed using the original salt, and make sure the hash matches.

Also, don't use general-purpose hash algorithms (such as MD5 or SHA*); instead, use dedicated slow password-hashing algorithms, such as bcrypt or scrypt or PBKDFv2.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 ubuntu虚拟机打包apk错误
  • ¥199 rust编程架构设计的方案 有偿
  • ¥15 回答4f系统的像差计算
  • ¥15 java如何提取出pdf里的文字?
  • ¥100 求三轴之间相互配合画圆以及直线的算法
  • ¥100 c语言,请帮蒟蒻写一个题的范例作参考
  • ¥15 名为“Product”的列已属于此 DataTable
  • ¥15 安卓adb backup备份应用数据失败
  • ¥15 eclipse运行项目时遇到的问题