dougaojue8185 2015-05-11 20:25
浏览 59
已采纳

为什么wordpress序列化数据库中的数据?

Ok so im fairly new to wordpress programming and realized all their core data, and plugin data are always serialized. Doesn't this take away from the RELATIONAL aspect of a RDBMS? And it doesn't even save space because the strings are soooo long most of the time, and it's harder to scale/modify the data this way...

I don't understand why they decided to do this, and i haven't found any online references as to why they would do this.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• duanqiao9541 2015-05-11 20:37
    关注

Obviously, since I'm not a developer for Wordpress, I don't know their exact reason.

But perhaps they came to the same conclusion as me:

Sometimes, it's just not worth it. Sometimes, you just want to store some data. Sometimes, the database will never, ever do anything with that data other than send it back to the processing code. In cases like this, when the data will never relate to anything else in the database, why bother designing a relational database when a data-dump is all you need?

Is it a good idea? Probably not, it's a lazy one that just works when you need it to with a minimum of fuss. However, if I ever catch you using MySQL to try and process data out of a serialised column, I will ban you from the internet.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥30 这是哪个作者做的宝宝起名网站
  • ¥60 版本过低apk如何修改可以兼容新的安卓系统
  • ¥25 由IPR导致的DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE蓝屏
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题