dongpang1898 2014-07-27 16:44
浏览 271
已采纳

从PNG图像中提取元数据

How to extract metadata from a image like this website? I have used exev2 library but it gives only limited data as compared to this website. Is there some more advanced library?

I have already tried hacoir-metadata Python library.

Also how does Windows extract details of image (the one we see from properties)?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• doujia4619 2017-04-19 14:13
    关注

PNG files are made up of blocks, most of which are IDAT blocks which contain compressed pixel data in an average PNG. All PNG's start with a IHDR block and end with an IEND block. Since PNG is a very flexible standard in this way, it can be extended by making up new types of blocks--this is how animated Animated PNG works. All browsers can see the first frame, but browsers which understand the types of blocks used in APNG can see the animation.

There are many places that text data can live in a PNG image, and even more places metadata can live. Here is a very convenient summary. You mentioned the "Description tag", which can only live in text blocks, so that it was I'll be focusing on.

The PNG standard contains three different types of text blocks: tEXt (Latin-1 encoded, uncompressed), zTXt (compressed, also Latin-1), and finally iTXt, which is the most useful of all three as it can contain UTF-8 encoded text and can either be compressed or decompressed.

So, your question becomes, "what is a convenient way to extract the text blocks?"

At first, I thought pypng could do this, but it cannot:

tEXt/zTXt/iTXt

Ignored when reading. Not generated.

Luckily, Pillow has support for this - humorously it was added only one day before you asked your original question!

So, without further ado, let's find an image containing an iTXt chunk: this example ought to do.

>>> im = Image.open('/tmp/itxt.png')
    >>> im.info 
    {'interlace': 1, 'gamma': 0.45455, 'dpi': (72, 72), 'Title': 'PNG', 'Author': 'La plume de ma tante'}

According to the source code, tEXt and zTXt are also covered.

For the more general case, looking over the other readers, the JPEG and GIF ones also seem to have good coverage of those formats as well - so I would recommend PIL for this. That's not to say that the maintainers of hacoir-metadata wouldn't appreciate a pull request adding text block support though! :-)

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 机器学习能否像多层线性模型一样处理嵌套数据
  • ¥20 西门子S7-Graph,S7-300,梯形图
  • ¥50 用易语言http 访问不了网页
  • ¥50 safari浏览器fetch提交数据后数据丢失问题
  • ¥15 matlab不知道怎么改,求解答!!
  • ¥15 永磁直线电机的电流环pi调不出来
  • ¥15 用stata实现聚类的代码
  • ¥15 请问paddlehub能支持移动端开发吗?在Android studio上该如何部署?
  • ¥20 docker里部署springboot项目,访问不到扬声器
  • ¥15 netty整合springboot之后自动重连失效