doujiang6944 2012-09-05 11:23
浏览 31

PHP utf-8分布式Web应用程序的最佳实践和风险

I have read several things about this topic but still I have doubts I want to share with the community.

I want to add a complete utf-8 support to the application I developed, DaDaBIK; the application can be used with different DBMSs (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite). The charset used in the databases can be ANY. I cant' set or assume the charset.

My approach would be convert, using iconv functions, everything i read from the db in utf-8 and then convert it back in the original charset when I have to write to the DB. This would allow me to assume I'm working with utf-8.

The problem, as you probably know, is that PHP doesn't support utf-8 natively and, even assuming to use mbstring, there are (according to http://www.phpwact.org/php/i18n/utf-8) several PHP functions which can create problems with utf-8 and DON't have an mbstring correspondance, for example the PREG extension, strcspn, trim, ucfirst, ucwords....

Since I'm using some external libraries such as adodb and htmLawed I can't control all the source code...in those libraries there are several cases of usage of those functions....do you have any advice about? And above all, how very popular applications like wordpress and so on are handling this (IMHO big) problem? I doubt they don't have any "trim" in the code....they just take the risk (data corruption for example) or there is something I can't see?

Thanks a lot.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongmale0656 2012-09-05 11:47
    关注

First of all: PHP supports UTF-8 just fine natively. Only a few of the core functions dealing with strings should not be used on multi-byte strings.

It entirely depends on the functions you are talking about and what you're using them for. PHP strings are encoding-less byte arrays. Most standard functions therefore just work on raw bytes. trim just looks for certain bytes at the start and end of the string and trims them off, which works perfectly fine with UTF-8 encoded strings, because UTF-8 is entirely ASCII compatible. The same goes for str_replace and similar functions that look for characters (bytes) inside strings and replace or remove them.

The only real issue is functions that work with an offset, like substr. The default functions work with byte offsets, whereas you really want a more intelligent character offset, which does not necessarily correspond to bytes. For those functions an mb_ equivalent typically exists.

preg_ supports UTF-8 just fine using the /u modifier.

If you have a library which uses, for instance, substr on a potential multi-byte string, use a different library because it's a bad library.

See What Every Programmer Absolutely, Positively Needs To Know About Encodings And Character Sets To Work With Text for some more in-depth discussion and demystification about PHP and character sets.

Further, it does not matter what the strings are encoded as in the database. You can set the connection encoding for the database, which will cause it to convert everything for you and always return you data in the desired client encoding. No need for iconverting everything in PHP.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 对于这个复杂问题的解释说明
  • ¥50 三种调度算法报错 有实例
  • ¥15 关于#python#的问题,请各位专家解答!
  • ¥200 询问:python实现大地主题正反算的程序设计,有偿
  • ¥15 smptlib使用465端口发送邮件失败
  • ¥200 总是报错,能帮助用python实现程序实现高斯正反算吗?有偿
  • ¥15 对于squad数据集的基于bert模型的微调
  • ¥15 为什么我运行这个网络会出现以下报错?CRNN神经网络
  • ¥20 steam下载游戏占用内存