dongtaogou6226 2014-11-11 04:38
浏览 35
已采纳

在Go切片中,为什么s [lo:hi]在元素hi-1处结束?

According to the Tour of Go, in a Go slice s, the expression s[lo:hi] evaluates to a slice of the elements from lo through hi-1, inclusive:

package main

import "fmt"

func main() {

p := []int{0,  // slice position 0 
               10, // slice position 1
               20, // slice position 2
               30, // slice position 3
               40, // slice position 4
               50} // slice position 5

fmt.Println(p[0:3]) // => [0 10 20]
}    

In my code example above, "p[0:3]" would seem to intuitively "read" as: "the slice from position 0 to position 3", equating to [0, 10, 20, 30]. But of course, it actually equates to [0 10 20].

So my question is: what is the design rationale for the upper value evaluating to hi-1 rather than simply hi? It feels unintuitive, but there must be some reason for it that I'm missing, and I'm curious what that might be.

Thanks in advance.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dtdt0454 2014-11-11 06:27
    关注

This is completely a matter of convention, and there are certainly other ways to do it (for example, Matlab uses arrays whose first index is 1). The choice really comes down to what properties you want. As it turns out, using 0-indexed arrays where slicing is inclusive-exclusive (that is, a slice from a to b includes element a and excludes element b) has some really nice properties, and thus it's a very common choice. Here are a few advantages.

Advantages of 0-indexed arrays and inclusive-exclusive slicing

(note that I'm using non-Go terminology, so I'll talk about arrays in the way that C or Java would talk about them. Arrays are what Go calls slices, and slices are sub-arrays (ie, "the slice from index 1 to index 4"))

• Pointer arithmetic works. If you're in a language like C, arrays are really just pointers to the first element in the array. Thus, if you use 0-indexed arrays, then you can say that the element at index i is just the element pointed at by the array pointer plus i. For example, if we have the array [3 2 1] with the address of the array being 10 (and assuming that each value takes up one byte of memory), then the address of the first element is 10 + 0 = 10, the address of the second is 10 + 1 = 11, and so on. In short, it makes the math simple.
    • The length of a slice is also the place to slice it. That is, for an array arr, arr[0:len(arr)] is just arr itself. This comes in handy a lot in practice. For example, if I call n, _ := r.Read(arr) (where n is the number of bytes read into arr), then I can just do arr[:n] to get the slice of arr corresponding to the data that was actually written into arr.
    • Indices don't overlap. This means that if I have arr[0:i], arr[i:j], arr[j:k], arr[k:len(arr)], these slices fully cover arr itself. You may not often find yourself partitioning an array into sub-slices like this, but it has a number of related advantages. For example, consider the following code to split an array based on non-consecutive integers:

func consecutiveSlices(ints []int) [][]int {
          ret := make([][]int, 0)
          i, j := 0, 1
          for j < len(ints) {
              if ints[j] != ints[j-1] + 1 {
                  ret = append(ret, ints[i:j])
                  i = j
              }
          }
          ret = append(ret, ints[i:j])
      }

(this code obviously doesn't handle some edge cases well, but you get the idea)

If we were to try to write the equivalent function using inclusive-inclusive slicing, it would be significantly more complicated.

If anyone can think of any more, please feel free to edit this answer and add them.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 训练的多模态特征融合模型准确度很低怎么办
  • ¥15 kylin启动报错log4j类冲突
  • ¥15 超声波模块测距控制点灯,灯的闪烁很不稳定,经过调试发现测的距离偏大
  • ¥15 import arcpy出现importing _arcgisscripting 找不到相关程序
  • ¥15 onvif+openssl,vs2022编译openssl64
  • ¥15 iOS 自定义输入法-第三方输入法
  • ¥15 很想要一个很好的答案或提示