duanjianfu1398 2014-06-08 12:36
浏览 84
已采纳

goroutine是否适合大型并行计算边界问题?

Are go-routines pre-emptively multitasked for numerical problems?

I am very intrigued by the lean design of Go, the speed, but most by the fact that channels are first-class objects. I hope the last point may enable a whole new class of deep-analysis algorithms for big data, via the complex interconnection patterns which they should allow.

My problem domain requires real-time compute-bound analysis of streaming incoming data. The data can be partitioned into between 100-1000 "problems" each of which will take between 10 and 1000 seconds to compute (ie their granularity is highly variable). Results must however all be available before the output makes sense, ie, say 500 problems come in, and all 500 must be solved before I can use any of them. The application must be able to scale, potentially to thousands (but unlikely 100s of thousands) problems.

Given that I am less worried about numerical library support (most of this stuff is custom), Go seems ideal as I can map each problem to a goroutine. Before I invest in learning Go rather than say, Julia, Rust, or a functional language (none of which, as far as I can see, have first-class channels so for me are at an immediate disadvantage) I need to know if goroutines are properly pre-emptively multi-tasked. That is, if I run 500 compute-bound goroutines on a powerful multicore computer, can I expect reasonably load balancing across all the "problems" or will I have to cooperatively "yield" all the time, 1995-style. This issue is particularly important given the variable granularity of the problem and the fact that, during compute, I usually will not know how much longer it will take.

If another language would serve me better, I am happy to hear about it, but I have a requirement that threads (or go/coroutines) of execution be lightweight. Python multiprocessing module for example, is far too resource intensive for my scaling ambitions. Just to pre-empt: I do understand the difference between parallelism and concurrency.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duanjing1276 2014-06-08 14:55
    关注

The Go runtime has a model where multiple Go routines are mapped onto multiple threads in an automatic fashion. No Go routine is bound to a certain thread, the scheduler may (and will) schedule Go routines to the next available thread. The number of threads a Go program uses is taken from the GOMAXPROCS environment variable and can be overriden with runtime.GOMAXPROCS(). This is a simplified description which is sufficient for understanding.

Go routines may yield in the following cases:

• On any operation that might block, i.e. any operation that cannot return a result on the sport because it is either a (possible) blocking system-call like io.Read() or an operation that might require waiting for other Go routines, like acquiring a mutex or sending to or receiving from a channel
    • On various runtime operations
    • On function call if the scheduler detects that the preempted Go routine took a lot of CPU time (this is new in Go 1.2)
    • On call to runtime.Gosched()
    • On panic()
    • On various other occassions

The following things prevent a Go routine from yielding:

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 vue3+express部署到nginx
  • ¥20 搭建pt1000三线制高精度测温电路
  • ¥15 使用Jdk8自带的算法,和Jdk11自带的加密结果会一样吗,不一样的话有什么解决方案,Jdk不能升级的情况
  • ¥15 画两个图 python或R
  • ¥15 在线请求openmv与pixhawk 实现实时目标跟踪的具体通讯方法
  • ¥15 八路抢答器设计出现故障
  • ¥15 opencv 无法读取视频
  • ¥15 按键修改电子时钟,C51单片机
  • ¥60 Java中实现如何实现张量类,并用于图像处理(不运用其他科学计算库和图像处理库))
  • ¥20 5037端口被adb自己占了