doudun8705 2010-09-15 02:05
浏览 155
已采纳

XMPP服务器的libxml2 vs expat

I'm trying to create an XMPP library (and later a server) from scratch in Go (although the language itself is irrelevant) as a means to learn what I can about the XMPP protocol and server software development in general.

As many of you know, XMPP is messaging protocol based on XML that depends on an enormous amount of short but frequent XML streams. I'm thinking that for such applications an event based XML parser should be better because I won't need DOM and all that (correct me if I'm wrong). Please keep in mind that this library is intended for servers so there might be many instances run at once;

Which one of the two has better performance and memory usage for that use case, libxml2 or expat?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongsan6889 2010-09-15 04:57
    关注

There is a whole project devoted to answering the question of XML performance called XML Benchmark.

The short answer, in my opinion, is to use libxml2, but I have other considerations beyond pure performance, such as platform availability. That said, it is generally faster than expat according to the latest numbers, though it's fairly close in the great scheme of things.

And yes, you want to use the SAX parser, not the DOM parser.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Python时间序列如何拟合疏系数模型
  • ¥15 求学软件的前人们指明方向🥺
  • ¥50 如何增强飞上天的树莓派的热点信号强度,以使得笔记本可以在地面实现远程桌面连接
  • ¥15 MCNP里如何定义多个源?
  • ¥20 双层网络上信息-疾病传播
  • ¥50 paddlepaddle pinn
  • ¥20 idea运行测试代码报错问题
  • ¥15 网络监控:网络故障告警通知