doulun1666 2013-01-14 16:42
浏览 132

与其他语言相比,Go语言垃圾回收方法是什么?

I do not know much about the Go programming language, but I have seen several claims that said Go has latency-free garbage collection, and it is much better than other garbage collectors (like JVM garbage collector). I have developed application for JVM and i know that JVM garbage collector is not latency-free (specially in large memory usage).

I was wondering, what is difference between the garbage collection approach in Go and and the others which make it latency-free?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: @All I edited this question entirely, please vote to reopen this question if you find it constructive.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douyou1960 2014-03-06 04:05
    关注

Go does not have latency-free garbage collection. If you can point out where those claims are, I'd like to try to correct them.

One advantage that we believe Go has over Java is that it gives you more control over memory layout. For example, a simple 2D graphics package might define:

type Rect struct {
        Min Point
        Max Point
    }

type Point struct {
        X int
        Y int
    }

In Go, a Rect is just four integers contiguous in memory. You can still pass &r.Max to function expecting a *Point, that's just a pointer into the middle of the Rect variable r.

In Java, the equivalent expression would be to make Rect and Point classes, in which case the Min and Max fields in Rect would be pointers to separately allocated objects. This requires more allocated objects, taking up more memory, and giving the garbage collector more to track and more to do. On the other hand, it does avoid ever needing to create a pointer to the middle of an object.

Compared to Java, then, Go gives you the programmer more control over memory layout, and you can use that control to reduce the load on the garbage collector. That can be very important in programs with large amounts of data. Control over memory layout may also be important for extracting performance from the hardware due to cache effects and such, but that's tangential to the original question.

The collector in the current Go distributions is reasonable but by no means state of the art. We have plans to spend more effort improving it over the next year or two. To be clear, Go's garbage collector is certainly not as good as modern Java garbage collectors, but we believe it is easier in Go to write programs that don't need as much garbage collection to begin with, so the net effect can still be that garbage collection is less of an issue in a Go program than in an equivalent Java program.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 改算法,照着压缩包里边,参考其他代码封装的格式 写到main函数里
  • ¥15 用windows做服务的同志有吗
  • ¥60 求一个简单的网页(标签-安全|关键词-上传)
  • ¥35 lstm时间序列共享单车预测,loss值优化,参数优化算法
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值
  • ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗