duankanyi6539 2012-05-10 07:34
浏览 114
已采纳

使用Google Go的Goroutines创建贝叶斯网络

I have a large dataset of philosophic arguments, each of which connect to other arguments as proof or disproof of a given statement. A root statement can have many proofs and disproofs, each of which may also have proofs and disproofs. Statements can also be used in multiple graphs, and graphs can be analyzed under a "given context" or assumption.

I need to construct a bayesian network of related arguments, so that each node propagates influence fairly and accurately to it's connected arguments; I need to be able to calculate the probability of chains of connected nodes concurrently, with each node requiring datastore lookups that must block to get results; the process is mostly I/O bound, and my datastore connection can run asynchronously in java, go and python {google appengine}. Once each lookup completes, it propagates the effects to all other connected nodes until the probability delta drops below a threshold of irrelevance {currently 0.1%}. Each node of the process must calculate chains of connections, then sum up all the results across all queries to adjust validity results, with results chained outward to any connected arguments.

In order to avoid recurring infinitely, I was thinking of using an A*-like process in goroutines to propagate updates to the argument maps, with a heuristic based on compounding influence which ignores nodes once probability of influence dips below, say 0.1% . I'd tried to set up the calculations with SQL triggers, but it got complex and messy way too fast. Then I moved to google appengine to take advantage of asynchronous nosql, and it was better, but still too slow. I need to be run the updates fast enough to get a snappy UI, so when a user creates or votes for or against a proof or disproof, they can see the results reflected in UI immediately.

I think Go is the language of choice to support the concurrency I need, but I'm open to suggestions. The client is a monolithic javascript app that just uses XHR and websockets to push and pull argument maps {and their updates} in real time. I have a java prototype that can compute large chains in 10~15s, but monitoring of performance shows that most of my runtime is wasted in synchronization and overhead from ConcurrentHashMap.

If there are other highly-concurrent languages worth trying out, please let me know. I know java, python, go, ruby and scala, but will learn any language if it suits my needs.

Similarly, if there are open source implementations of huge Bayesian networks, please leave a suggestion.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douxiuyu2028 2012-05-10 13:21
    关注

I think it's a bit difficult to tell what you are asking about. Maybe you can elaborate on your question.

Goroutines are quite cheap, and are a perfect match for modern web applications which use XHR or Websockets heavily (and other I/O bound applications which have to wait for database responses and stuff like that). Additionally, the go runtime is also able to execute those goroutines in parallel, so that Go is also a good fit for CPU bound tasks, which should take advantage of multiple cores and the speed of a natively compiled language.

But you should also keep in mind, that goroutines and channels aren't for free. They still require some amount of memory and each synchronization point (e.g. a channel send or receive) comes with its cost. That's normally not a problem, since the synchronization is, in comparison to a database query for example, extremely cheap, but it might not be suited for building efficient Bayesian networks, especially if the actual work of each goroutine / node is negligible in comparison to the synchronization overhead.

Your primary goal for every concurrent program should be to avoid shared mutability as far as possible. So a Bayesian network modeled with goroutines and channels might be a good educational example and a great way to measure the performance of Go's channel implementation, but it's probably not the best fit for your problem.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 导入文件到网吧的电脑并且在重启之后不会被恢复
  • ¥15 (希望可以解决问题)ma和mb文件无法正常打开,打开后是空白,但是有正常内存占用,但可以在打开Maya应用程序后打开场景ma和mb格式。
  • ¥20 ML307A在使用AT命令连接EMQX平台的MQTT时被拒绝
  • ¥20 腾讯企业邮箱邮件可以恢复么
  • ¥15 有人知道怎么将自己的迁移策略布到edgecloudsim上使用吗?
  • ¥15 错误 LNK2001 无法解析的外部符号
  • ¥50 安装pyaudiokits失败
  • ¥15 计组这些题应该咋做呀