dongtui0650 2018-01-07 06:15
浏览 129
已采纳

在容器中或不在容器中部署具有微服务架构的Go应用?

I'm new to DevOps specifically using golang and microservice architecture.

I'm wondering if go applications should or should not be deployed in containers (Docker). In this case, I have a system built with micro-service architecture. For example here, I have 2 web services, A and B. Also I have another web server acts as a gateway in front of those two.

Both A and B need access for a database, MySQL for example. A handles table A, and B handles table B.

I know that in Go, source codes are compiled into a single executable binary file. And because I have 3 services here, I have 3 binaries. All three run as web server exposing JSON REST API.

My questions are these:

• Can I deploy these servers together in one host running on different ports? If my host get an IP x.x.x.x for example, my gateway can run in x.x.x.x:80, A in port 81, and B in port 82 for example. A and B will talk to a MySQL server somewhere outside or maybe inside the same host. Is this a good practice? Can Continuous Deployment works with this practice?

• Why should I deploy and run those binaries inside containers like Docker? I know that since its release few years ago, Docker had found its way to be integrated inside a development workflow easily. But of course using Docker is not as simple as just compiling the code into a binary and then moving it to a deployment server. Using Docker we have to put the executable inside the container and then move the container as well to the deployment server.

• What about scalibility and high availability without using Docker? Can I just replicate my services and run them all at once in different hosts using a load balancer? This way I should deploy A, B, and gateway in one host, and another A, B, and gateway in another host, then setup load balancer in front of them. A, B, and the gateway runs in port 80, 81, and 82 respectively. This way I could have thousands of nodes in a form of VMs or LXD containers maybe, spread accross hundreds of bare metals, deployed with a simple bash script and ssh, or Ansible if things get complex. Yes or no?

• And what about the scalability and availability of using Docker? Should I just put all my services inside containers and manage them with something like Kubernetes to achieve high availability? Doing this does add overhead, right? Because the team will have to learn new technology like Kubernetes if they haven't known it yet.

• Can you give me an example of some best practices of deploying golang services?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• douqie1816 2018-01-07 06:46
    关注

I'm wondering if go applications should or should not be deployed in containers (Docker)
    Why should I deploy and run those binaries inside containers like Docker?

Of course, provided you separate the build from the actual final image (in order to not include in said final image build dependencies)
    See "Golang, Docker and multistage build" from Matteo Madeddu.

Can I deploy these servers together in one host running on different ports?

Actually, they could all run in their own container on their own port, even if that port is the same.
    Intra-container communication will work, using EXPOSEd port. However, if they are accessed from outside, then their published port need to be different indeed.

What about scalibility and high availability without using Docker?
    And what about the scalability and availability of using Docker?

As soon as you are talking about dynamic status, some kind of orchestration will be involved: see Docker Swarm or Kubernetes for efficient cluster management.
    Both are available with the latest docker.

Examples:

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 安卓adb backup备份应用数据失败
  • ¥15 eclipse运行项目时遇到的问题
  • ¥15 关于#c##的问题:最近需要用CAT工具Trados进行一些开发
  • ¥15 南大pa1 小游戏没有界面,并且报了如下错误,尝试过换显卡驱动,但是好像不行
  • ¥15 没有证书,nginx怎么反向代理到只能接受https的公网网站
  • ¥50 成都蓉城足球俱乐部小程序抢票
  • ¥15 yolov7训练自己的数据集
  • ¥15 esp8266与51单片机连接问题(标签-单片机|关键词-串口)(相关搜索:51单片机|单片机|测试代码)
  • ¥15 电力市场出清matlab yalmip kkt 双层优化问题
  • ¥30 ros小车路径规划实现不了,如何解决?(操作系统-ubuntu)