dongpao5127 2016-10-31 12:37
浏览 92

简单的网络服务器上的Golang高CPU使用率无法理解为什么?

So I have a simple net/http webserver. All it does is is deliver 100MB of random bytes, which I intend to use for network speed testing. My handler for the 100mb endpoint is really simple (pasted below). The code works fine and I get my random byte file, the problem is when I run this and someone downloads these 100megabytes, the CPU for this program shoots up to 150% and stays there until this handler finishes running. Am I doing something very wrong here? What could I do to improve this handler's performance?

func downloadHandler(w http.ResponseWriter, r *http.Request) {
    str := RandStringBytes(8192); //generates 8192 bytes of randomness
    sz := 1000*1000*100; //100Megabytes
    iter := sz/len(str)+1;
    w.Header().Set("Content-Type", "application/octet-stream")
    w.Header().Set("Content-Length", strconv.Itoa( sz ))
    for i := 0; i < iter ; i++ {
        fmt.Fprintf(w, str )
    }
}
  • 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dsxgby126001 2016-10-31 12:47
    关注

The problem is that fmt.Fprintf() expects a format string:

func Fprintf(w io.Writer, format string, a ...interface{}) (n int, err error)

And you pass it a big, 8 KB format string. The fmt package has to analyze the format string, it is not something that gets to the output as is. Most definately this is what is eating your CPU.

If the random string contains the special % sign, that even makes your case worse, as then fmt.Fprintf() might expect further arguments which you don't "deliver", so the fmt package also has to (will) include error messages in the output, such as:

fmt.Fprintf(os.Stdout, "aaa%bbb%d")

Output:

aaa%!b(MISSING)bb%!d(MISSING)

Use fmt.Fprint() instead which does not expect a format string:

fmt.Fprint(w, str)

Or even better, convert your random string to a byte slice once, and just keep writing that:

data := []byte(str)
    for i := 0; i < iter; i++ {
        if _, err := w.Write(data); err != nil {
            // Handle error, e.g. return
        }
    }

Delivering large amount of data – you won't get a faster solution than writing a prepared byte slice in a loop (maybe slightly if you vary the size of the slice). If your solution is still "slow", that might be due to your RandStringBytes() function which we don't know anything about, or your output might be compressed (gzipped) if you use other handlers or some framework (which does use relatively high CPU). Also if the client that receives the response is also on your computer (e.g. a browser), it –or a firewall / antivirus software– may check / analyze the response for malicious code (which may also be resource intensive).

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 DIFY API Endpoint 问题。
  • ¥20 sub地址DHCP问题
  • ¥15 delta降尺度计算的一些细节,有偿
  • ¥15 Arduino红外遥控代码有问题
  • ¥15 数值计算离散正交多项式
  • ¥30 数值计算均差系数编程
  • ¥15 redis-full-check比较 两个集群的数据出错
  • ¥15 Matlab编程问题
  • ¥15 训练的多模态特征融合模型准确度很低怎么办