drg5577 2018-07-29 18:44
浏览 354
已采纳

在AWS上使用Kubernetes部署HTTP / 2 Web服务器

I have a Go server that is currently running with Kubernetes on AWS. The website sits under a route-53 and an ELB that manages the SSL termination. Now, I want to support HTTP/2 in my web-server in order to push resources to the clients, and I saw that HTTP/2 requires that the web-server will use HTTPS. I have a few questions according to that.

• HTTP/2 requires HTTPS - In my case the HTTPS logic is in the ELB and it manages for me the SSL termination. My application gets the decrypted data as a simple HTTP request. Do I need to remove the ELB in order to enable HTTP/2 in my web-server? Is there any way to leave the ELB there and enable HTTP/2 in my web-server?

• In my local development I use openssl to generate certificate. If I deploy the web-server I need to get the CA certificate from AWS and store it somewhere in the Kubernetes certificate-manager and inject to my web-server in the initialization. What is the recommended way to do this?

I feel like I miss something, so I'll appreciate any help. Thanks

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongliao8069 2018-07-29 19:16
    关注

There is no benefit to deploying HTTP2 on an AWS load balancer if your backend is not HTTP2 also. Technically HTTP2 does not require HTTPS, but nobody implements HTTP2 for HTTP. HTTP2 is a protocol optimization (simple viewpoint) that removes round trips in the SSL negotiation, improves pipelining, etc. If the load balancer is communicating with your backend via HTTP, there will not be any improvement. The load balancer will see a small decrease in load due to reduced round trips during HTTPS setup.

I recommend that you configure your backend services to only use HTTPS (redirect clients to HTTPS) and use an SSL certificate. Then configure HTTP2, which is not easy by the way. You can use Let's Encrypt for SSL which works very well. You can also use OpenSSL self-signed certificates (which I don't recommend). You cannot use AWS services to create SSL certificates for your backend services, only for AWS managed services (CloudFront, ALB, etc.).

You can also setup the load balancer with Layer 4 (TCP) listeners. This is what I do when I setup HTTP2 on my backend servers. Now the entire path from client to backend is using HTTP2 without double SSL encryption / decryption layers.

One of the nice features of load balancers is called "SSL offloading". This means that you enable SSL on the load balancer and only enable HTTP on your backend web servers. This goes against HTTP2. Therefore think thru what you really want to accomplish and then design your services to meet those objectives.

Another point to consider. Since you are looking into HTTP2, at the same time remove support in your services for the older TLS versions and unsafe encryption and hashing algorithms. Dropping TLS 1.0 should be mandatory today and I recommend dropping TLS 1.1 also. Unless you really need to support ancient browsers or custom low-end hardware, TLS 1.2 should be the standard today. Your logfiles can tell you if clients are connecting via older protocols.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

问题事件

• 专家修改了标签 8月18日

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:期望的系统闭环传递函数为G(s)=wn^2/s^2+2¢wn+wn^2阻尼系数¢=0.707,使系统具有较小的超调量
  • ¥15 FLUENT如何实现在堆积颗粒的上表面加载高斯热源
  • ¥30 截图中的mathematics程序转换成matlab
  • ¥15 动力学代码报错,维度不匹配
  • ¥15 Power query添加列问题
  • ¥50 Kubernetes&Fission&Eleasticsearch
  • ¥15 報錯:Person is not mapped,如何解決?
  • ¥15 c++头文件不能识别CDialog
  • ¥15 Excel发现不可读取的内容
  • ¥15 关于#stm32#的问题:CANOpen的PDO同步传输问题