dregvw1801 2018-08-08 18:25
浏览 141

如何在HTML覆盖率报告中包含* _test.go文件

I would like to know if there is a way that I can generate an HTML coverage report that also includes statements covered on the tests themselves.

Regarding the merits of doing such a thing, I would like to see that my tests are as useful as the rest of my code. I've become accustomed to including my test code coverage in python and this is something I find helpful.

Update for clarification:

People seem to think I'm talking about testing my tests. I'm not. I just want to see that the statements in my tests are definitely being hit in the HTML coverage report. For example, code coverage on a function in my application might show me that everything's been hit, but it won't necessarily show me that every boundary has been tested. Seeing statements lit up in my test sources show me that I wrote my test well enough. Yes, better factored code shouldn't be so complex as to need that assurance, but sometimes things just aren't better.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongshen3352 2018-08-08 19:17
    关注

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind this.

Unit tests, especially in Go, should be simple and straight-forward enough that by just reading them you should be able to spot if a statement is useless.

If that is not the case, maybe you are implementing your unit tests in a way that is too complicated?

If that is the case, I can recommend checking table-driven tests for most cases (not suited for most concurrency-heavy code or methods that depend a lot on manipulating the state, though) as well as trying out TDD (test-driven development).

By using TDD, instead of building your tests in order to try to cover all of your code, you would be writing simple tests that simply validate the specs of your code.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 centos7.9 IPv6端口telnet和端口监控问题
  • ¥120 计算机网络的新校区组网设计
  • ¥20 完全没有学习过GAN,看了CSDN的一篇文章,里面有代码但是完全不知道如何操作
  • ¥15 使用ue5插件narrative时如何切换关卡也保存叙事任务记录
  • ¥20 海浪数据 南海地区海况数据,波浪数据
  • ¥20 软件测试决策法疑问求解答
  • ¥15 win11 23H2删除推荐的项目,支持注册表等
  • ¥15 matlab 用yalmip搭建模型,cplex求解,线性化处理的方法
  • ¥15 qt6.6.3 基于百度云的语音识别 不会改