dongzhang0418 2015-12-13 16:14
浏览 88
已采纳

Golang中的生产者消费者-并发与并行性?

I am working on backend architecture which is purely in Golang. I have an API which is used to upload a file to golang server and then I am transferring the file to cloud storage(from the golang server itself). Now, I want both the transfers to be independent, so that, the end user should not has to wait for the response after uploading a file.

End User -> Golang Server ->[Concurrency/Parallelism] -> Cloud Storage

Now, I thought of two ways:

1. Create a goroutine as soon as the user finishes the upload and transfer the file to cloud.
  2. Insert the file handler into a queue, and a different process would read this queue and transfer the file to cloud storage (Multiple producers - Single Consumer model).

I found examples of doing this using goroutine and channels but I think that would create as many goroutines as much there are uploads. I want to use the second option but not able to understand of how to go about it in golang?

Also, do suggest if I am using wrong approach and there is some other efficient method of doing this.

Update

Details about the requirement and constraint:
1. I am using AWS S3 as cloud storage. If at some point, the upload from Go server to Amazon S3 fails, the file handler should be kept as in to keep record of the failed upload.(I am not prioritising this, I might change this based on clients feedback)
2. The file will be deleted from the Go server as soon as the upload completes successfully to Amazon S3, so as to avoid repetitive uploads. Also, if a file is uploaded with same name, it will be replaced at Amazon S3.
3. As pointed out in comments, I can use channel as the queue. Is it possible to design the above architecture using Go's Channels and goroutines?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dsebywql016137 2015-12-14 02:58
    关注

A User uploading a file could tolerate an error, and try again. But the danger exists when an uploaded file exists only on the machine it was uploaded to, and something goes wrong before it gets uploaded to cloud storage. In that case, the file would be lost, and it would be a bummer for the User.

This is solved by good architecture. It's a first-in, first out queue pattern.

A favorite Go implementation of this pattern is go-workers perhaps backed by a Redis database.

Assume there are n number of servers running your service at any given time. Assume that your backend code compiles two separate binaries, a server binary and a worker binary.

Ideally, the machines accepting file uploads would all mount a shared Network File System such that:

1. User uploads a file to a server

a. server adds a record into the work queue, which contains a unique ID from the Redis storage.

b. This unique ID is used to create the filename, and the file is piped directly from the User upload to temporary storage on NFS server. Note that the file never resides on the storage of the machine running the server.

2. File is uploaded to cloud storage by a worker

a. worker picks up the next to-do record from the work queue, which has a unique ID

b. Using the unique ID to find the file on NFS server, the worker uploads the file to cloud storage

c. When successful, worker updates the record in the work queue to reflect success

d. worker deletes the file on NFS server

By monitoring the server traffic and work queue size as two separate metrics, it can be determined how many servers ought to run the server/worker services respectively.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥100 Jenkins自动化部署—悬赏100元
  • ¥15 关于#python#的问题:求帮写python代码
  • ¥20 MATLAB画图图形出现上下震荡的线条
  • ¥15 关于#windows#的问题:怎么用WIN 11系统的电脑 克隆WIN NT3.51-4.0系统的硬盘
  • ¥15 perl MISA分析p3_in脚本出错
  • ¥15 k8s部署jupyterlab,jupyterlab保存不了文件
  • ¥15 ubuntu虚拟机打包apk错误