duanduan8439 2015-09-14 18:26
浏览 41
已采纳

我的io.Writer故意不写它传递的所有字节时,应该返回什么“写入的字节数”

I want to create a struct that implements io.Writer, ie Write(p []byte) (n int, err error). The struct will omit certain bytes that is passed to it and thus not actually write all the bytes that is passed in the p parameter. (The actual purpose isn't important, but it could for example be to ignore the first 10 bytes written, ignore every second byte or something else that alters the number of bytes written from what the caller passed to the method).

The documentation for io.Writer's Write method says the following (emphasis mine):

Write writes len(p) bytes from p to the underlying data stream. It returns the number of bytes written from p (0 <= n <= len(p)) and any error encountered that caused the write to stop early. Write must return a non-nil error if it returns n < len(p). Write must not modify the slice data, even temporarily.

What should I return as the n value? To comply with the documentation, on success I should return len(p). However, the method might actually not have written that many bytes, and the return value will be "wrong".

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dousuo8400 2015-09-14 18:30
    关注

On success, return len(p).

The function called when you write to /dev/null returns the number of bytes that you tried to "write" to it. It never actually writes anything, but it properly handles data being sent to it.

I would assume that in your case, you should only return n < len(p) if your writer was unable to properly handle all of the bytes sent to it.

Then, the documentation for your writer should very clearly state what data is and is not written. People using your function need to know what data will be retrievable after the write is finished.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 netty整合springboot之后自动重连失效
  • ¥15 悬赏!微信开发者工具报错,求帮改
  • ¥20 wireshark抓不到vlan
  • ¥20 关于#stm32#的问题:需要指导自动酸碱滴定仪的原理图程序代码及仿真
  • ¥20 设计一款异域新娘的视频相亲软件需要哪些技术支持
  • ¥15 stata安慰剂检验作图但是真实值不出现在图上
  • ¥15 c程序不知道为什么得不到结果
  • ¥40 复杂的限制性的商函数处理