duangu1868 2016-08-17 16:09
浏览 309
已采纳

TERM =哑终端必须具备的功能

I am looking to implement a remote client in golang which connects to Linux through nc and starts bash. So I need to tell bash what features I can parse from the stdout that it sends to me, and how I am going to send keycodes and other stuff to its stdin, so that it could parse them too.

This is done with TERM=something environment variable, which I need to set to some value. If I don't set it, then various programs start to complain:

$ mc
The TERM environment variable is unset!

I found that I can set TERM to dumb to say that my client is really limited. And still it seems that I am missing something.

$ export TERM=dumb
$ mc
Your terminal lacks the ability to clear the screen or position the cursor.

From here it looks like dumb terminal don't have these two abilities, but what abilities it is still expected to have? Is there a specification or some de-facto standard about it?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dssqq82402 2016-08-17 20:18
    关注

Going to the source can help. The terminal database has comments. Here is a slice from that:

#### Specials
    #
    # Special "terminals".  These are used to label tty lines when you don't
    # know what kind of terminal is on it.  The characteristics of an unknown
    # terminal are the lowest common denominator - they look about like a ti 700.
    #

dumb|80-column dumb tty,
            am,
            cols#80,
            bel=^G, cr=^M, cud1=^J, ind=^J,
    unknown|unknown terminal type,
            gn, use=dumb,

The "dumb" and "unknown" terminal types are assumed, but rarely used:

• "dumb" has automargins (text "wraps" at the right margin), is assumed to have 80 columns, and an ASCII BEL and carriage return. For lack of something better, cud1 (cursor down) is an ASCII line-feed. The ind (index) value is the same, implying that text scrolls up when you reach the bottom of the screen.

There is no cursor-addressing (cup) nor alternates (such as moving along a row or column arbitrarily).

• "unknown" adds the "generic" flag, which marks it as unsuitable for use by curses applications. Think of it as a printer.

As for minimum requirements, that actually depends upon the individual application. ncurses can manage to move around the screen without actually having cup. It works with a half-dozen strategies. If you read the source for mvcur, you can get an idea of what it needs.

However, applications such as mc do not simply rely upon ncurses to decide if it works, since (in this case) it may link with slang (which doesn't check that closely). So mc does its own checks, which may add restrictions.

In practice, unless you choose a limited terminal description such as "dumb", most of the terminals you are likely to encounter will work.

Further reading:

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 树莓派与pix飞控通信
  • ¥15 自动转发微信群信息到另外一个微信群
  • ¥15 outlook无法配置成功
  • ¥30 这是哪个作者做的宝宝起名网站
  • ¥60 版本过低apk如何修改可以兼容新的安卓系统
  • ¥25 由IPR导致的DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE蓝屏