dqybeh2884 2014-06-09 18:01
浏览 66

带Go的ECS-循环导入

I'm exploring both Go and Entity-Component-Systems. I understand how ECS works, and I'm trying to replicate what seems to be the go-to document of ECS, namely http://cowboyprogramming.com/2007/01/05/evolve-your-heirachy/

For performance, the document recommends to use static arrays of every component type. That is, not arrays of component interfaces (arrays of pointers). The problem with this in Go is circular imports.

I have one package, ecs, which contains the definitions for Entity, Component and System types/interfaces as well as an EntityManager. Another package, ecs/components, contains the various components. Obviously, the ecs/components package depends on ecs. But, to declare arrays of specific components in EntityManager, ecs would depend on ecs/components, therefore creating a circular import.

Is there any way of avoiding this? I am aware that normally a high level system should not depend on lower systems. I'm also want to point out that using an array of pointers is probably fast enough for my purposes, but I'm interested in possible workarounds (for future reference)

Thank you for your help!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dqs13465424392 2014-06-09 20:28
    关注

For performance, the document recommends to use static arrays of every component type.

I'm just going to start off saying that I may be blind, but I ctrl+f'd and read that document multiple times and didn't see anything close to that. (Certainly some optimizations could be made this way with regards to things like avoiding cache misses, but I'm dubious it in any way outweighs the clerical overhead).

There's the easy answer to the exact question you asked first, the . import. Any package with an import statement like import . "some/other/package" will treat that package's contents as its own, ignoring circular dependencies. Don't do this.

Unfortunately, without merging the packages, you won't be able to do this (without using interfaces, I mean). Don't fear, though. The article you posted explicitly says this under "implementation details".

Giving each component a common interface means deriving from a base class with virtual functions. This introduces some additional overhead. Do not let this turn you against the idea, as the additional overhead is small, compared to the savings due to simplification of objects.

It's outright telling you to use interfaces (okay, C++ virtual inheritance, but close enough). It's okay, it's necessary. Especially if you want two slightly different AI components or something, it's a godsend then.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 基于卷积神经网络的声纹识别
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值
  • ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗
  • ¥15 CSAPPattacklab
  • ¥15 一直显示正在等待HID—ISP
  • ¥15 Python turtle 画图