doupuxuan5784 2015-10-27 09:28
浏览 34
已采纳

去GC停止我的goroutine吗?

I have been trying to get into Go from the more traditional languages such as Java and C and so far I've been enjoying the well-thought out design choices that Go offers. When I started my first "real" project though, I ran into a problem that almost nobody seems to have.

My project is a simple networking implementation that sends and receives packets. The general structure is something like this (of course simplified):

A client manages the net.Conn with the server. This Clientcreates a PacketReaderand a PacketWriter. These both run infinite loops in a different goroutine. The PacketReader takes an interface with a single OnPacketReceived function that is implemented by the client.

The PacketReader code looks something like this:

go func() {
    for {
        bytes, err := reader.ReadBytes(10) // Blocks the current routine until bytes are available.
        if err != nil {
            panic(err) // Handle error
        }
        reader.handler.OnPacketReceived(reader.parseBytes(bytes))
    }
}()

The PacketWriter code looks something like this:

go func() {

for {
        if len(reader.packetQueue) > 0 {
            // Write packet
        }
    }
}()

In order to make Client blocking, the client makes a channel that gets filled by OnPacketReceived, something like this:

type Client struct {
    callbacks map[int]chan interface{}
    // More fields
}

func (c *Client) OnPacketReceived(packet *Packet) {
    c.callbacks[packet.Id] <- packet.Data
}

func (c *Client) SendDataBlocking(id int, data interface{}) interface{} {
    c.PacketWriter.QueuePacket(data)
    return <-c.callbacks[id]
}

Now here is my problem: the reader.parseBytes function does some intensive decoding operation that creates quite a lot of objects (to the point that the GC decides to run). The GC however, pauses the reader goroutine that is currently decoding the bytes, and then hangs. A problem that seems similar to mine is described here. I have confirmed that it is actually the GC causing it, because running it with GOGC=off runs successfully.

At this point, my 3 routines look like this:
- Client (main routine): Waiting for channel
- Writer: Still running, waiting for new data in queue
- Reader: Set as runnable, but not actually running

Somehow, the GC is either not able to stop all routines in order to run, or it does not resume said goroutines after it stopped them.

So my question is this: Is there any way to fix this? I am new to Go so I don't really know if my design choices are even remotely conventional, and I'm all up with changing the structure of my program. Do I need to change the way I handle packet reading callbacks, do I need to try and make the packet decoder less intensive? Thanks!

Edit: I am running Go 1.5.1, I'll try to get a working example later today.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dorpbn1027 2015-10-27 12:34
    关注

As per mrd0ll4rs comment, changed the writer to use channels instead of a slice (I don't even know why I did that in the first place). That seemed to give the GC enough "mobility" to allow the threads to stop. Adding in the runtime.Gosched() and still using slices also worked though, but the channels seemed more "go-esque".

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 HFSS 中的 H 场图与 MATLAB 中绘制的 B1 场 部分对应不上
  • ¥15 如何在scanpy上做差异基因和通路富集?
  • ¥20 关于#硬件工程#的问题,请各位专家解答!
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:期望的系统闭环传递函数为G(s)=wn^2/s^2+2¢wn+wn^2阻尼系数¢=0.707,使系统具有较小的超调量
  • ¥15 FLUENT如何实现在堆积颗粒的上表面加载高斯热源
  • ¥30 截图中的mathematics程序转换成matlab
  • ¥15 动力学代码报错,维度不匹配
  • ¥15 Power query添加列问题
  • ¥50 Kubernetes&Fission&Eleasticsearch
  • ¥15 報錯:Person is not mapped,如何解決?