dpnof28482 2017-04-25 10:21
浏览 75
已采纳

如何将参数传递给用PL / pgSQL编写的查询?

I wonder if it's possible to pass parameters to a query written in PL/pgSQL?

I tried this, but it failed with pq: got 1 parameters but the statement requires 0

package main

import (
    "database/sql"
    "fmt"
    "log"

_ "github.com/lib/pq"
)

func main() {
    db, err := sql.Open("postgres", "host=localhost dbname=db user=user sslmode=disable password=pw")
    if err != nil {
        log.Fatal(err)
    }
    row := db.QueryRow(`
DO $$
BEGIN
    IF true THEN
        SELECT $1;
    END IF;
END$$
`, 1)
    var num int
    err = row.Scan(&num)
    if err != nil {
        log.Fatal(err)
    }
    fmt.Println(num)
}

Another related question is that I want to use transactions, but the APIs provided by the sql package seems to connect to db every time a query is executed in a tx. I'd like everything to be executed in one go if that's possible. For example, with go you are supposed to use transactions like this

tx, err := db.Begin()
rows, err := tx.Query(sql1)
result, err := tx.Exec(sql2)
tx.Commit()

The problem is that calling tx.Query and tx.Exec makes two trips to PostgreSQL server if I'm not wrong. What I want to achieve is to merge sql1 and sql2, wrap them inside BEGIN and END and execute them in one trip. And my question is that:

1. Do you think it's necessary? I imagine that with enough traffic, the performance difference might be obvious, but I'm not sure.
  2. If so, what's the best way to execute this merged transaction? Create a function and run the transaction inside PL/pgSQL (since I might need to use conditional statements, etc)?
  • 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• doupu3635 2017-04-26 04:40
    关注

You got error because PL/pgSQL is supposed to be defined in server side as function or procedure, but in your case, its being called from client side. Below is a simple example on how to define and call the function with parameter(s):

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION myadd(a integer, b integer) RETURNS integer AS $$
        BEGIN
                RETURN a + b;
        END;
    $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

Then, from client side you can call the function with parameters using SELECT query. Please note, even though your function contains INSERT/UPDATE, the function must be called using SELECT statement.

//...
    a := 10
    row := db.QueryRow(`SELECT * FROM myadd($1, $2)`, a, 130)
    //...

Next question, about transaction and PL/pgSQL. Yes, using PL/pgSQL you can reduce network traffic. Several advantages of server side language (PL/pgSQL) are:

1. Eliminate client-server round trip
    2. No need to transfer intermediate result to client, only the final result will be transferred.
    3. Avoid parsing queries multiple times (Send query to server --> server parsing query --> perform database operation --> return result to client, etc...)

The rule when dealing with database (large data) is You need to avoid to move your data around and PL/pgSQL fits this rule. However, there are some circumstances in which you can not (need to avoid) use PL/pgSQL, e.g. DB admin/server owner does not allow server side programming (security/performance reason etc).

Relation between function and transaction is clearly stated in the manual :

It is important not to confuse the use of BEGIN/END for grouping statements in PL/pgSQL with the similarly-named SQL commands for transaction control. PL/pgSQL's BEGIN/END are only for grouping; they do not start or end a transaction. Functions and trigger procedures are always executed within a transaction established by an outer query — they cannot start or commit that transaction, since there would be no context for them to execute in. However, a block containing an EXCEPTION clause effectively forms a subtransaction that can be rolled back without affecting the outer transaction

In summary, using PL/pgSQL you may get performance improvement. How much? It's depend. Please keep in mind, after using PL/pgSQL you need to manage more than one codebase, and sometimes it's difficult to debug.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 对于相关问题的求解与代码
  • ¥15 ubuntu子系统密码忘记
  • ¥15 信号傅里叶变换在matlab上遇到的小问题请求帮助
  • ¥15 保护模式-系统加载-段寄存器
  • ¥15 电脑桌面设定一个区域禁止鼠标操作
  • ¥15 求NPF226060磁芯的详细资料
  • ¥15 使用R语言marginaleffects包进行边际效应图绘制
  • ¥20 usb设备兼容性问题