dongtuoleng8624 2019-05-31 15:27
浏览 89

与SQL进行时区协调

Question 1/3:

I have a number of MySQL databases to connect to and want to ensure time consistency across queries. So for example, one of these servers is currently in the CDT timezone.

> select CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, @@system_time_zone, @@global.time_zone, @@session.time_zone;

+---------------------+--------------------+--------------------+---------------------+
| CURRENT_TIMESTAMP   | @@system_time_zone | @@global.time_zone | @@session.time_zone |
+---------------------+--------------------+--------------------+---------------------+
| 2019-05-31 09:44:45 | CDT                | SYSTEM             | SYSTEM              |

Note: We're in DST right now, so it's CDT. I'm assuming this would automatically change to CST when outside DST, right?

So with the above knowledge, my DSN suffix looks something like this:

...?parseTime=true&loc=America%2FChicago // i.e. 'America/Chicago' - maybe 'CST6CDT' would work too?

So, is there a programatic way in go to map from the 3-letter code CDT to the more formal timezone names like America/Chicago.

2/3:

The above presents a chicken/egg scenario: in order to determine the remote server's timezone, one needs to connect/query the server; with that knowledge the DSN parameters may change for future calls.

Can DSN parameters be changed after the fact, or does a brand new connection sql.DB connection pool need to be created?

3/3:

You may ask, why check to see if the timezone has changed - isn't it static? What should one do in a Load-Balanced DB situation? Two replicas could in theory be in differing timezones?

Should all columns with timestamps just be wrapped with an SQL UNIX_TIMESTAMP() to normalize the data and avoid this headache?

I could get into time-drifts too, but I'll stop here for now.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanaozhong0696 2019-06-08 14:50
    关注

1/3

go uses IANA's Time Zone Database with precise zone names. Trying to reverse engineer how MySQL determines the local timezone format from a (Linux) host and duplicate that logic in a go clients - as @MattJohnson pointed out - proves to be unreliable.

2/3

database/sql.DB - created via Open(drv, DSN) - will use the same DSN for all connections. While an sql.DB is meant to be created once and used many times - there is no way to change the DSN after the fact - so one would need to create a brand new sql.DB when changing the DSN.

3/3

So the better tack, appears to leverage MySQL to convert all datetime values from local to UTC timezone before transmission to the client. This removes the complication of setting the database's (possibly unknown) timezone at connection time via the DSN.

One promising option, is to set the connection's session timezone:

• SET @@session.time_zone = "+00:00";
    • however, this only works for the current connection (within the connection pool). A go client however will not know which free connection they may be using at any give time.
    • So to ensure this always works, one would need to apply it manually before all queries. Even if only one DB connection is in use - if the connection fails and connection retry kicks in - any previous session state would be lost.

So instead, wrapping all datatime columns with a conversion function like so:

CONVERT_TZ(`STAMP_UPDATED`,@@session.time_zone,'+00:00')

ensures the timezone calculation is done at query time and will not be lost during a connection reconnection etc.

So now the DSN no longer needs to specify loc - as UTC is the default. In fact the DSN only needs the suffix option of ?parseTime=true to allow the datetime to be translated into go's native time.Time.

Finally and most importantly, this will work with any server set to any timezone.

H/T to this answer.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 stata安慰剂检验作图但是真实值不出现在图上
  • ¥15 c程序不知道为什么得不到结果
  • ¥40 复杂的限制性的商函数处理
  • ¥15 程序不包含适用于入口点的静态Main方法
  • ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因