weixin_33738555 2012-03-15 03:38 采纳率: 0%
浏览 40

什么时候可以安全启用CORS?

I am developing a JSON/REST web API, for which I specifically want third party websites to be able to call my service through AJAX. Hence, my service is sending the famous CORS header:

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

Which allows third party sites to call my service through AJAX. All fine so far.

However, a subsection of my web api is non-public and requires authentication (pretty standard stuff with OAuth and an access_token cookie). Is it safe to enable CORS on this part of my site as well?

On the one hand, it would be cool if third party websites could have ajax clients that also interact with this part of my service. However, the reason that there is a same origin policy in the first place, is that this might be risky. You don't want any website that you visit afterwards to be able to access your private content.

The scenario that I am afraid of is that a user logs in on my web api, either on the website or through a website that he trusts, and he forgets to logout. Will this allow every other website that he vists afterwards to access his private content using the existing session?

So my questions:

• Is it ever safe to enable CORS on non-public content?
  • If a CORS enabled server sets a session_token through a cookie, will this cookie be saved under the domain of the CORS server or main web-page server?
  • 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• weixin_33725807 2012-03-15 18:15
    关注

The intention of CORS is to allow cross-origin requests for XHR requests while giving the server the authority to specify what origin has access to which resource. In particular, CORS introduced the Origin header field that allows the server to tell regular and possible XHR requests apart. This header field cannot be set or changed by the user but is set by the browser for XHR requests.

So if you have an API that is designed to be only used by XHR, you can (and should) require the request to conform with CORS. Especially if the requests can also modify state on your server as otherwise you would be vulnerable to CSRF.

Note the CSRF attacks are possible regardless of CORS using other methods to forge GET and POST requests. CORS does only enable to access the server’s response of XHR requests with JavaScript if the server allows it.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 教务系统账号被盗号如何追溯设备
  • ¥20 delta降尺度方法,未来数据怎么降尺度
  • ¥15 c# 使用NPOI快速将datatable数据导入excel中指定sheet,要求快速高效
  • ¥15 再不同版本的系统上,TCP传输速度不一致
  • ¥15 高德地图点聚合中Marker的位置无法实时更新
  • ¥15 DIFY API Endpoint 问题。
  • ¥20 sub地址DHCP问题
  • ¥15 delta降尺度计算的一些细节,有偿
  • ¥15 Arduino红外遥控代码有问题