weixin_39932762
weixin_39932762
2020-11-19 12:40

bulk transfer failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT Operation timed out

Hi all, I got iaikinect2 working fine on one computer but I'm having issues with a second computer. I've followed the installation steps carefully and below is the error message I get when I run rosrun kinect2bridge kinect2_bridge. I get a similar error with Protonect.

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (3.13.0-74-generic) with ROS Indigo (1.11.16). lsusb shows the Kinect is plugged in.

Any help would be appreciated!

Error message: [ INFO] [Kinect2Bridge::initialize] parameter: basename: kinect2 sensor: default fpslimit: -1 calibpath: /home/toyota/tim/src/iaikinect2/kinect2bridge/data/ usepng: false jpegquality: 90 pnglevel: 1 depthmethod: opencl depthdevice: -1 regmethod: opencl regdevive: -1 maxdepth: 12 mindepth: 0.1 queuesize: 2 bilateralfilter: true edgeawarefilter: true publishtf: false basenametf: kinect2 workerthreads: 4 [Info] [OpenCLDepthPacketProcessorImpl] devices: [Info] [OpenCLDepthPacketProcessorImpl] 0: GeForce GTX 570 (GPU)[NVIDIA Corporation] [Info] [OpenCLDepthPacketProcessorImpl] selected device: GeForce GTX 570 (GPU)[NVIDIA Corporation] [Info] [OpenCLDepthPacketProcessorImpl] building OpenCL program... [Info] [OpenCLDepthPacketProcessorImpl] OpenCL program built successfully [Warning] [OpenCLDepthPacketProcessorImpl] Your ocl-icd has deadlock bugs. Update to 2.2.4+ is recommended. [Info] [Freenect2Impl] enumerating devices... [Info] [Freenect2Impl] 17 usb devices connected [Info] [Freenect2Impl] found valid Kinect v2 :3 with serial 087110440847 [Info] [Freenect2Impl] found 1 devices [ INFO] [Kinect2Bridge::initDevice] Kinect2 devices found: [ INFO] [Kinect2Bridge::initDevice] 0: 087110440847 (selected) [Info] [Freenect2DeviceImpl] opening... [Info] [Freenect2DeviceImpl] opened [ INFO] [Kinect2Bridge::initDevice] starting kinect2 [Info] [Freenect2DeviceImpl] starting... [Error] [protocol::CommandTransaction] bulk transfer failed: LIBUSBERRORTIMEOUT Operation timed out * Error in `/home/toyota/tim/devel/lib/kinect2bridge/kinect2bridge': double free or corruption (top): 0x0000000001eea740 * Aborted (core dumped)

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

5条回答

• weixin_39625305 weixin_39625305 5月前

Hi, what error does Protonect report? USB problems could have many reasons. Wrong libusb, unsupported chipset, old kernel, etc. Please check if the right libusb is linked ldd /home/toyota/tim/devel/lib/kinect2_bridge/kinect2_bridge | grep libusb. If this is correct, try to install a newer kernel, like linux-generic-lts-utopic (3.16), linux-generic-lts-vivid (3.19) or linux-generic-lts-wily (4.2).

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39932762 weixin_39932762 5月前

Hi Thiemo, originally the executeables were linked to the wrong library so I fixed that by including libfreenect2/depends/libusb/lib/ in LDLIBRARYPATH, but I still get the same error for Protonect shown below... I will check if I can upgrade the kernel on this machine.

Another question, if you have time, in my first attempt to run kinect2bridge, I see the warning below. Is this something worth fixing? I don't see it on the other computer that has kinect2bridge working. [Warning] [OpenCLDepthPacketProcessorImpl] Your ocl-icd has deadlock bugs. Update to 2.2.4+ is recommended.

Output from Protonect: Environment variables: LOGFILE= Usage: ./bin/Protonect [gl | cl | cpu] [] [-noviewer] To pause and unpause: pkill -USR1 Protonect [Info] [Freenect2Impl] enumerating devices... [Info] [Freenect2Impl] 17 usb devices connected [Info] [Freenect2Impl] found valid Kinect v2 :3 with serial 087110440847 [Info] [Freenect2Impl] found 1 devices [Info] [Freenect2DeviceImpl] opening... [Info] [Freenect2DeviceImpl] opened [Info] [Freenect2DeviceImpl] starting... [Error] [protocol::CommandTransaction] bulk transfer failed: LIBUSBERRORTIMEOUT Operation timed out Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Output of ldd ./Protonect | grep usb: libusb-1.0.so.0 => /home/toyota/tim/src/libfreenect2/depends/libusb/lib/libusb-1.0.so.0 (0x00007f68635e6000)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39932762 weixin_39932762 5月前

Hello, I've upgraded the kernel to 3.19 and libusb looks OK but I still get the same error (LIBUSBERRORTIMEOUT...)

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39625305 weixin_39625305 5月前

Which USB controller are you using? The Intel and Renesas/Nec should work. You can use lspci for that. Just to make sure, the OS is not inside a virtual machine, and you rebooted the system after upgrading the kernel, right. Check which kernel is running with uname -a. I am not an expert on this, maybe someone on libfreenect2 knows more, you might want to open an issue there. You can also try out the 4.2 kernel, just to see if it helps.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39870155 weixin_39870155 5月前

hi, I am facing exactly same issue with Have you got any solution for that ?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐