weixin_39587822
weixin_39587822
2020-11-23 04:08

Asio Backend Support

Support for ASIO backend on windows

Current state

This is a very early stage attempt. There's lots to do before merging. I just want to start getting some feedback.

Feedback: I'm fairly new to Rust so there's definitely going to be mistakes / non-idiomatic code in here. Feel free to point out anything you think is weird / wrong or ask for explanations.

Things that are working: - The enumerate example - The beep example - Building the ASIO library and linking to it - Creating the bindings to the library with bindgen

Things that still need to be done (non-exhaustive): - [x] The record_wav example - [ ] Supporting all the possible ASIO formats - [x] Allow the CPAL user to set if the want ASIO or WASAPI at with an initialize call - [x] Check for potential threading issue (I'm new to this) - [ ] Stop any panics that could cross FFI boundaries - [x] Add comments and example usage docs - [x] Make the interleaving faster and avoid copying

Usage

1. You need to download the ASIO SDK and unzip it somewhere.
  2. Put the full path into the environment variable CPAL_ASIO_DIR eg. with powershell ($env:CPAL_ASIO_DIR="C:\Users\you\my_libs\ASIOSDK2.3")
  3. Now you should be able to run "cargo run --example enumerate" Note: The beep example is currently hard set to select ASIO 4 All because there's no way to get the default asio driver and this made testing easier.

Resources

• This is a good write up about how portaudio built there asio backend.
  • Theres a pdf in the ASIO sdk called ASIO SDK 2.3.pdf that explains the how ASIO works
  • Theres an example of how to write an ASIO host in c++ in ASIOSDK2.3/host/sample/hostsample.cpp

Note: I had to change branches and make this pr because of conflict problems.

该提问来源于开源项目:RustAudio/cpal

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

5条回答

• weixin_39587822 weixin_39587822 4月前

I noticed that this isn't passing tests on Android because of this:

130 | use null as platform; | ---------------- previous import of the module platform here ... 141 | mod platform; | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ platform redefined here

Might need to change the name of the platform module?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

So it doesn't appear that ASIO4All is passing on the correct bit rate when the actual device is changed. It does detect a the correct rate when a different asio driver (for example dante) is running. This might be a bug with ASIO4All but seeing as that is the most popular choice for people using asio we might need to investigate this further.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39834406 weixin_39834406 4月前

:warning: Note for those testing this PR :warning:

Make sure you first read and follow the the step-by-step setup for using ASIO on Windows in the updated README. Hopefully we can automate more of this process in the future.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39834406 weixin_39834406 4月前

Just leaving a note here that my current intention is to assist in addressing #268 and #204 first, then I'll look into rebasing this on top of that work.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

What are your thoughts on using the sample crate to handle conversions between types? This is the current state of affairs and it's incomplete / probably wrong.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享