weixin_39965283
weixin_39965283
2020-11-24 19:54

realsense d435 + turtlebot2

Hi, I am an absolute beginner in ROS I have a turtlebot2 mounted by velodyne laser scanner this turtlebot can built a map and can also perform autonomous navigation. (gmapping used) Now my objective is replacing the laser scanner with realsense d435 and do the same job. I can start the camera node and make it publish the RGBD point cloud using aligned depth topic by this command roslaunch realsense2_camera rs_rgbd.launch so my question is how to replace the velodyne laser scanner by the d435 to be used in gmapping to do the same job of mapping environment.

该提问来源于开源项目:IntelRealSense/realsense-ros

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

5条回答

• weixin_39628864 weixin_39628864 5月前

There's a package called Depth to Laser Scan, it will take your depth image and create a virtual laser scan out of a slice to use in gmapping. Obviously the map will be worse because these accuracies are worse, shorter range, and seeing less.

http://wiki.ros.org/depthimage_to_laserscan

This should get you started.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39965283 weixin_39965283 5月前

Thank you so much. I tried it before but i failed. Attached the content of the lunch file which i already use for velodyne laser scanner. I know that i should replace pointcloud_to_laser scan by depthimage_to_laserscan and to include the realsense driver. Also to replace tf2 of velodyne to realsense. So, if possible can you give me an example of how to change the following launch file contents.? Many thanks in advance.

DEFAULT.txt

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

your description is exactly correct. You just need to swap your node to depth images (and the appropriate parameters for your sensor), make sure your scan topic is the same, launch the realsense driver (which I assume you can find an example here for), and update TF.

I dont have an example for you unfortunately, I use a lidar on my robots.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39965283 weixin_39965283 5月前

Many thanks.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

No problem. Do you mind closing the ticket? This isnt really in the scope of ros wrapped realsense driver anymore

点赞 评论 复制链接分享