weixin_39611031
weixin_39611031
2020-11-25 05:47

Report Comments

It is nice that when you go to NVDA menu > preferences > document formatting > report comments check box, you check the box for NVDA to report comments or uncheck it for the NVDA to not report the comments. I have two things to suggest: 1. It should be a combo box (instead of being a check box as it is now) called (Report Comment Announcing: combo box) with three things to select: Off, Has Comments, and has comments and reading the made comments. If the Off is selected, NVDA will not announce any made comments in a text; if “has comments” is selected, NVDA will only say Has comments without reading the comments inside the text; if “has comments and reading the made comments” is selected, when NVDA finds a comment in text, it should ring a tone, say Has Comments, read the whole made comment in a text, and ultimately continue reading the document as usual if you have pressed the say all command numpad plus key or NVDA+down arrow. This item is very important because the blind reader sometimes wants to scan and skim comments quickly even without pressing the shortcut NVDA+alt+c or theWindows shortcut alt+r+n to go tonext comment. 2. We should change the former NVDA shortcut (NVDA+alt+c) which is used to read the comment. This is so because it is hard to hold these three keys especially when you are editing the document. Instead of NVDA+alt+c, let it be NVDA+Forward slash. 3. We should add two shortcuts for reporting the comments: NVDA+Left arrow to go to the previous comment and NVDA+right arrow to go to the next comment.

These three shortcuts are best first because they are simple and the two keys are held by only one hand! Second, these shortcuts are not used in any NVDA task.

该提问来源于开源项目:nvaccess/nvda

• 点赞
  • 写回答
  • 关注问题
  • 收藏
  • 复制链接分享
  • 邀请回答

9条回答

• weixin_39881802 weixin_39881802 5月前

I'd say the ton for comments without reading any, as this is less annoying than has comments. Brian

bglists.co.uk Sent via blueyonder. Please address personal email to:- briang1.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff' in the display name field. ----- Original Message ----- From: "jacobchawala" notifications.com To: "nvaccess/nvda" nvda.github.com Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 5:45 PM Subject: [nvaccess/nvda] Report Comments (#6444)

It is nice that when you go to NVDA menu > preferences > document formatting

report comments check box, you check the box for NVDA to report comments or uncheck it for the NVDA to not report the comments. I have two things to suggest: 1. It should be a combo box (instead of being a check box as it is now) called (Report Comment Announcing: combo box) with three things to select: Off, Has Comments, and has comments and reading the made comments. If the Off is selected, NVDA will not announce any made comments in a text; if “has comments” is selected, NVDA will only say Has comments without reading the comments inside the text; if “has comments and reading the made comments” is selected, when NVDA finds a comment in text, it should ring a tone, say Has Comments, read the whole made comment in a text, and ultimately continue reading the document as usual if you have pressed the say all command numpad plus key or NVDA+down arrow. This item is very important because the blind reader sometimes wants to scan and skim comments quickly even without pressing the shortcut NVDA+alt+c or theWindows shortcut alt+r+n to go tonext comment. 2. We should change the former NVDA shortcut (NVDA+alt+c) which is used to read the comment. This is so because it is hard to hold these three keys especially when you are editing the document. Instead of NVDA+alt+c, let it be NVDA+Forward slash. 3. We should add two shortcuts for reporting the comments: NVDA+Left arrow to go to the previous comment and NVDA+right arrow to go to the next comment.

These three shortcuts are best first because they are simple and the two keys are held by only one hand! Second, these shortcuts are not used in any NVDA task.

You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6444

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39713763 weixin_39713763 5月前
    1. It should be a combo box (instead of being a check box as it is now) called (Report Comment Announcing: combo box) with three things to select: Off, Has Comments, and has comments and reading the made comments.

I feel that reading the full comments within the text would lead to excessive verbosity and would be quite intrusive. Also, there's no parallel to the sighted user's experience. A sighted user sees that their is a comment and then looks to the margin to read the comment. The two things are thus very clearly separated.

1. We should change the former NVDA shortcut (NVDA+alt+c) which is used to read the comment. This is so because it is hard to hold these three keys especially when you are editing the document. Instead of NVDA+alt+c, let it be NVDA+Forward slash.

The problem with NVDA+slash is that it isn't intuitive and is thus difficult to remember. Also, different people will find different key combinations difficult to press. Note that you can easily assign your own key binding if you wish.

1. We should add two shortcuts for reporting the comments: NVDA+Left arrow to go to the previous comment and NVDA+right arrow to go to the next comment.

You can already quickly move between comments by using the next and previous annotation commands (a and shift+a, respectively) in browse mode.

One thing that might be useful is to have the next and previous annotation commands read the comment, since in that case, the user is explicitly choosing to examine the comment, rather than reading text normally. Would this alleviate your concerns?

Thanks.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39785600 weixin_39785600 5月前

Hi:

The word "annotation" confuses many users, because they don't know what an "annotation" is. It's not a fifth grade or below term, and general practice says that words should be simple when possible. I've had quite a few people ask me what an annotation actually is.

On 10/11/2016 9:52 PM, James Teh wrote:

1. It should be a combo box (instead of being a check box as it
        is now) called (Report Comment Announcing: combo box) with
        three things to select: Off, Has Comments, and has comments
        and reading the made comments.

I feel that reading the full comments within the text would lead to excessive verbosity and would be quite intrusive. Also, there's no parallel to the sighted user's experience. A sighted user sees that their is a comment and then looks to the margin to read the comment. The two things are thus very clearly separated.

1. We should change the former NVDA shortcut (NVDA+alt+c) which
        is used to read the comment. This is so because it is hard to
        hold these three keys especially when you are editing the
        document. Instead of NVDA+alt+c, let it be NVDA+Forward slash.

The problem with NVDA+slash is that it isn't intuitive and is thus difficult to remember. Also, different people will find different key combinations difficult to press. Note that you can easily assign your own key binding if you wish.

1. We should add two shortcuts for reporting the comments:
        NVDA+Left arrow to go to the previous comment and NVDA+right
        arrow to go to the next comment.

You can already quickly move between comments by using the next and previous annotation commands (a and shift+a, respectively) in browse mode.

One thing that might be useful is to have the next and previous annotation commands read the comment, since in that case, the user is explicitly choosing to examine the comment, rather than reading text normally. Would this alleviate your concerns?

Thanks.

— You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread. Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6444#issuecomment-253112202, or mute the thread https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe-auth/AFGivZU33YBNwTn8GyCIJh-U3Ua3CRmeks5qzFltgaJpZM4KSxG3.

Derek Riemer

• Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
    • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
    • Open source enthusiast.
    • Member of Bridge Cu
    • Avid skiier.

Websites: Honors portfolio http://derekriemer.com Awesome little hand built weather app! http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/

email me at derek.riemer.edu mailto:derek.riemer.edu Phone: (303) 906-2194

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39713763 weixin_39713763 5月前

I'd argue anyone at a high enough level to be using comments and editor revisions (university, corporate, etc.) should have some idea of what an annotation is. It's also documented in the User Guide. But even that aside, the reason we use the word annotation rather than comment is that it also includes editor revisions. Having a separate key for comments and editor revisions would be wasteful, especially since you generally want to look for both at once when inspecting a document someone has reviewed.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39646018 weixin_39646018 5月前

In case , maybe and others do not have supporting arguments or further inputs with regards to the multiple suggestions put forth in this ticket, and taking into account 's counter-arguments present in https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6444#issuecomment-253112202, can this ticket be closed?

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39784195 weixin_39784195 5月前

I am not quite sure why this issue is blocked. If no one has any additional thoughts on this issue, I will close it.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39611725 weixin_39611725 5月前

I think there is an argument for having a way of more easily having things like annotations / comments / footnotes read when reading text, as there have been several issues about it. Actually evidently I didn't search well enough as I created one myself: #8739

Between the various issues, there seem to be people with strong thoughts one way or the other. My suggestion would be to keep it simple. I think perhaps an option in NVDA's document formatting settings rather than adding another keystroke. I do also like Derek's suggestion of having the move to next / previous annotation command automatically read out the associated annotation, since as he notes, you are specifically moving to the annotation at that point.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39531582 weixin_39531582 5月前

The annotation is actually already read, but in case of comments it is not. I suggest opening a new issue only for reading content of comments when pressing a and shift+a. I will close this because all other points are actually already quite intuitive in NVDA already.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享
  • weixin_39531582 weixin_39531582 5月前

While reading the comments I saw that reporting content of comments while navigating through the document is already covered in the issue referenced by in his comment above. Thanks.

点赞 评论 复制链接分享

相关推荐